help with d30 or d44

I got the tera30 with the increased castor pinion. It also has the extra thick 3 inch tubes and huge C's and a welded multi position track bar mount and heavy duty cover. All my 30 parts fit right in. If I break something it will likely be an axle or ujoint that crumbles before my r&p. Fairly inexpensive and i can afford this a few times over since the cost was way under a new 44 with all the parts. I even had cash left over for gears and a trutrac. If I had more dough I would have done the ter44 but insurance was only paying for a stock front d30 housing.
Sure i would love 44s, 60s or 80s and the indestructible rig but We do what we can afford...

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caster is good !!!

JDDK

I really didnt feel like being Athanasius pushing the t30 when basically everyone will disagree. Too many of these posts turn into big fights and I figured PM was the peaceable approach. Also I know that TF has its history of issues with many here and I have no motive to push anyones product.
I have been content with all my mods so far.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKWrang

I am right down in harford co Md I95 exit 77. I usually drive Up to quadratic for jeeps and coffee . unfortunately its about an hr drive and I don't think anyone would want to drive that far to help someone they don't even know

I literally just drove over am hour to help a fellow jeeper out with routine maintenance. The same jeeper who drove over an hour to meet up for a 6 hour road trip having never met before.

Jeeps are a good common bond, man. Youd be surprised

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

I literally just drove over am hour to help a fellow jeeper out with routine maintenance. The same jeeper who drove over an hour to meet up for a 6 hour road trip having never met before.

And now we have beers all the time!!!

Right! You'd be surprised what Jeepers would do to help each other. :yup:

And now we have beers all the time!!!

Jeep work and beers :D :beer::beer:

jims68

You are so close in going to a 44 with the money you have! I should have listened and went this route. Higher education doesn't need to be this expensive! I trussed, gusseted, turned c's, new ball joints, RCV's and a TrueTrac with 4:11's. This jeep came to me with 5:13's in it and the difference from them to 4:11's is unreal! This alone plus the TrueTrac and reinforcing will help it live for now but a 44 would of been smarter. If you lock the 30 all bets are off! The open differential with the 5:13's probably saved this housing up to this point. Get a Dynatrac 44 with there ball joints, locker of your flavor, gears and run stock axles from a stock 44 and everything else from your 30 with good joints for now. Provide beer and pizza and make it a party then sell the 30. Leave off front drive shaft and drive jeep in for re-gear. Wheel it and when you have saved up enough get your axles and other upgrades, this part will NEVER end, have another party. Now you have done it right and shouldn't have all the pains others and I have had or will encounter.

Top Bottom