Climbing Mountains in BC

fifthconspiracy

Hey!

Here's a couple of videos of our adventures in British Columbia. This summer, we set out to climb some of BC's highest peaks. Kids had a good time seeing some old fire lookout relics and the views were spectacular.

Botanie, Cornwall & Cabin Lake (BC South Coastal Interior)
After getting permission to cross Aboriginal land, we headed up the Fraser Canyon's highest peak (1952m or 6400 feet), Botanie Mountain. The trail was pretty narrow and there were some sheer drops on shelf roads. We continued onto Cornwall Mountain (2030m or 6660 feet) to check out the old fire lookout there. And finally we ended up at one of BC's highest alpine lakes, Cabin Lake (1866m or 6122 feet).

Robson Valley (BC - Valemount Area, Near Jasper Alta)
After a long day of driving from the Fraser Valley to Kamloops to Valemount, near the BC/Alberta border, we found a remote place to camp on Kinbasket Lake. The following day, we set out to climb Canoe Mountain (2600m or 8530 feet), which included fantastic views on shelf roads. At the top we found a creepy abandoned communications station. The day still being young, we decided to cross the valley and head up Mica Mountain Ridge (2105m or 6900 feet) for an amazing view of the McLennan Glacier. The climb up Mica was fairly straight (no switchbacks) with significant inclines.

Cheers!

Paul.

beans

FUN!! And Well-done video!!! :) Thanks SOO much for posting this. My husband and I are thinking of going to Canada Next year! This gives us some ideas of what it is like up there! :D Looks incredible!

xkid

Great video as always. Seen others on Overland Canada.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom