Bummer!

CanadianJK

So I was getting all set to start a couple build threads on here, some work to be done on my WJ, and I'm slowly getting fed up with my JK on 32s.

In addition to those fun projects, my wife and I finally decided that I should build an adventure trailer.

Exciting week ahead!

Then I broke my ankle in a friendly rugby match :(
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410199318.256366.jpg

Doc insisted on a pink cast. Says I'll attract a whole new crowd now. Looks like very limited wrenching in the next month.

I figure I'll use the time to plan some of these builds more thoroughly, and stockpile parts.

If you have as much free time as I do let me know what you think an adventure trailer behind a 2 door should look like. Plan is to travel through a lot of the western USA next summer. See about a couple badges of honour. :D

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Damn that sucks! Get better soon brother.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
damn that sucks man! hope you heal up fast so you can get wrenching again!

i have seen trailers behind a few 2 doors and they look sweet! i would build one if i had the money but also if i really needed it, which i dont.

CanadianJK

Yea as mentioned we're planning a trip from northern Alberta, Canada down to Seattle, through most of Cali and back north via Moab ;)

Still lots of details to work out, but the trailer needs to be started soon.

RickyI

So I was getting all set to start a couple build threads on here, some work to be done on my WJ, and I'm slowly getting fed up with my JK on 32s.

In addition to those fun projects, my wife and I finally decided that I should build an adventure trailer.

Exciting week ahead!

Then I broke my ankle in a friendly rugby match :(
View attachment 99404

Doc insisted on a pink cast. Says I'll attract a whole new crowd now. Looks like very limited wrenching in the next month.

I figure I'll use the time to plan some of these builds more thoroughly, and stockpile parts.

If you have as much free time as I do let me know what you think an adventure trailer behind a 2 door should look like. Plan is to travel through a lot of the western USA next summer. See about a couple badges of honour. :D

Don't feel to bad! You're not the only one that bad luck went to visit! I broke mine playing ride the horse with my 2 1/2 year old niece & jeep jeep girl..... :crazyeyes: Of course, my case wasn't pretty & pink!

Ricky

CanadianJK

Of course, my case wasn't pretty & pink!

Ricky

Well if I had a young niece I would at least have a good excuse for the pretty pink!

It was the second time I met the doc in ER after a rugby game this season. This was his idea of a good joke.

Beyrgut

Get well soon.

Reminded me of the Downhill race I watched last night. Josh Bryceland was set to win World Champs and 200 meters from finish he overshoots the last jump, 20' to flat ground. He still took 2nd place .5 sec back. Look on the bright side you will recover a lot quicker than he will with multiple breaks and dislocations :thumb:.

His full run if you care to watch.

Landing
to-flat.jpg
Right after removing shoe
ouch.jpg
Headed to surgery
hospital.jpg

Last edited:

CanadianJK

Ouch that does look rough!

Found out today that I'll need surgery, booked in tomorrow am, hooray for both Canadian Health system and military coverage! No jeep part money lost.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Get well soon.

Reminded me of the Downhill race I watched last night. Josh Bryceland was set to win World Champs and 200 meters from finish he overshoots the last jump, 20' to flat ground. He still took 2nd place .5 sec back. Look on the bright side you will recover a lot quicker than he will with multiple breaks and dislocations :thumb:.

His full run if you care to watch.

Landing
View attachment 99468
Right after removing show
View attachment 99467
Headed to surgery
View attachment 99466

Reminds me of a hiker I had to go rescue on the mountain earlier this summer. First resetting of broken ankle in the field and helicopter evacuation for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

beans

Ouch :( That must have been painful :-- that swelling looks awful :shock: Will pray for speedy recovery!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Oh man that sucks, get better soon. I know I have seen quite a few awesome car builds when people break something and have time at home.

CanadianJK

Oh man that sucks, get better soon. I know I have seen quite a few awesome car builds when people break something and have time at home.

That's the plan! Likely start the frame and axle on the trailer as soon as I can limp around a bit.

Top Bottom