2015 Mini Jeep?? Trail Rated Too??

Philip *AZ*

Banned
It does, but it could bring new customers to the Jeep market. Granted that thing isnt following Moby anywhere ( maybe a beer run) but I think its a cool concept to give more people an option to get outdoors and remember what its like to get dirty. The whole reason I got my JKU was to get my family up into the mountains and parts of the beach where not everyone can go.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

OH9JK

Is it just me or do those look like solid tires...like something that belongs on a forklift.

Oh, and I would wheel the hell out of it :bleh:

BlackRockBurner

With a little more digging, this is the 2001 Willies 2 concept. Looks like decent ground clearance, and it does have presence.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362243277.094225.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362243357.163763.jpg

And since this came out 2 years before the H2 we can say Hummers look like Jeeps.wink.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More details of what this new B-Jeep might be like:

How small will Jeep go?

While nearly every mainstream nameplate offers a small runabout suited for urban and city use, Jeep has remained a conspicuous exception to the rule, as it has brought its off-road heritage and DNA into virtually every vehicle that it produces. Reportedly though, this could all change relatively soon.

Edmunds is reporting that Jeep has plans for a new, small CUV — or crossover utility vehicle — that will hit showrooms next year and will be about the size of a Ford Fiesta. Jeep CEO Mike Manley shed some light on the project. The car, which is yet to be named, will be assembled in Italy and marketed globally.

"The weight of that market today is outside North America, predominately Europe," said Manley. "It is growing in China. I think when we launch our SUV here, you are going to see quite significant growth in that segment in the U.S."

The vehicle will be aimed at Ford's Fiesta-based EcoSport CUV, which has recently launched in India to rather significant success. The global crossover market has seen phenomenal gains recently, and with Jeep's parent Fiat's substantial international network, the Italian firm wants to push the new Jeep on countries around the world.

A smaller Jeep would also provide the company some reprieve from the stringent CAFE standards that put increasing pressure on manufacturers to develop smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles. The new model will offer the utility you'd expect from an SUV, but in a fuel-sipping, more city friendly package, at least according to Manley.

"From a ride and fuel economy perspective, it will be competitive," said Manley, who expects hatchback and sedan customers to cross-shop the new small Jeep. Additionally, it will provide "the utility that you will get in an SUV in terms of cabin space and everything else."

Models in Europe will come with a diesel option, but the company has no such plans for the U.S. Although Manley didn't say anything in his interview with Edmunds, the folks over at Autoblog contend that the new vehicle will replace the Compass and Patriot slots in the car maker's lineup.

Manley also pointed out that the vehicle will be 4.2-meters (about 165 inches) long. Jeep's new 2014 Cherokee, by comparison, is 4.6-meters long (181 inches). It will be built on a front-wheel drive, Fiat-based platform.

As far as its off-road capabilities goes — and let's be honest, this is a factor that has really defined the Jeep brand — no one can say for sure. While it most likely won't match the Wrangler for rock crawling or mudding, it will hopefully retain enough Jeep DNA to allow some fun to be had off the asphalt.

http://theweek.com/article/index/246514/how-small-will-jeep-go

phillypete

Front wheel drive... Boo!

Improve Jeep Cafe Rating so they can make the new wranglers more powerful... Yah!

bking_1

I know this may not be news to some of you as pics of this have been circulating for a while now but, this recent article suggests that there's a very real possibility of a 'Mini Jeep' in the works for 2015 and one that will be 'Trail Rated' - check it out...

timthumb.php

2001-jeep-willys2-concept-3-625x441.jpg

2001-jeep-willys2-concept-2-625x439.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/185795/2015-mini-jeep-will-trail-rated/

:crazyeyes:

Looks kind of like a "hot wheel" to me...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom