Bfg t/a ko2

wallet45

Has anyone seen or heard what the retail and/or selling price for the 35/12.5R17 KO2s will be?

Anyone place a pre-order yet?

CedarRaider

The 315/75/16 are going for 248 delivered if I had to make a GUESS being they are non metric and a 17 inch rim you can probably add close to a hundred bucks to this. This is what I've seen with other brands but again it's just a guess.

SilverBack

No, but the 34x10.50R-17 will be available this spring :yup:

Do you know that the actual measurements will be on this tire mounted on a JKUR with stock wheels? I hear BFGs run quite small compared to their stated sizes. Also how wide is the tread pattern on this tire? Narrower or wider than that of the 255/75 R17 that comes on the Rubicon?
Lastly do you know the weight of this tire?:thinking:

Discount Tire

Do you know that the actual measurements will be on this tire mounted on a JKUR with stock wheels? I hear BFGs run quite small compared to their stated sizes. Also how wide is the tread pattern on this tire? Narrower or wider than that of the 255/75 R17 that comes on the Rubicon?

We are still waiting for complete specs on the phase 2 sizes but according to our system the 34x10.50R-17 KO2 weighs 57lbs. As soon as BFG puts out the specs I'll be able to answer your other questions but I'm sure the 34x10.50R-17 KO2 will be wider in both section width and tread width when compared to the 255/75R-17 KM tires.

If you install the 34x10.50r-17 do you still need wheel spacers???:thinking:

That's a very good question and I'm thinking they'll work on the factory wheels without spacers. Sounds like we need to test fit a set when they are available :yup:

jeeeep

Hooked
37 KO2 on ATX Chamber Pro II

Got all my 37's in - thanks again Matt!

After about a week, they ride great! saving for LS swap ..need more power lol

Will be heading off to Moab in a few days to give them a full shake out :thumb:

Before BFG KO
Before315.jpg

After BFG KO2
After37.jpg

Drunic

57lbs, 1 inch wider, 1.5 taller real world measures. That's vs 255/70/18 Sahara wheels though.

jeeeep

Hooked
BFG KO2 Review - they were great!

Just got back from Moab and the BFG KO2 37's did great!

I drove to and from Moab, the highway ride was smooth. I did have road noise from the front but I recall when I had the PR44 installed the shop told me they set the toe-in more than usual because that was their preference. I also noticed tire noise from the 315 BFG's I had on before the 37's which made no noise with the D44. I'll re-align and see if that helps with the road noise.

tires did great on the trail, I ran a same trail as last year so I would have a reference. the KO2 stuck well on steep inclines where the KO's would loose grip, sidewalls took rubbing with no issues and no chunks missing :thumb: last year I got some chunking on the KO's. I only aired down to 20 on the KO2 where last year I aired down to 12 on the KO's, not sure how much of a difference the air difference would make but the KO2's just stuck.

We did get into a wet area but again caused no climbing issues.

I was able to get the KO2's on while we still had rain in TX and have to say they handle so much better than the KO's - may be the larger size but I've run BFG's over the years and IMO the KO's have never been real good in the rain. Looking forward to see how they do in the Colorado and Utah winters

overall I'm pleased with how well the tires handled and IMO it is an improvement over the KO.

heading to Arkansas ORV park at the end of the month, we'll see what those trails have to offer.

I'll toss in that having the PSC assist really made a difference in the turns. I was thinking PSC was overkill when I had the 315's but after getting all the install issues worked out, with the 37's on it was cake. While I watched others double hand the steering wheel to make a turn I was one-handed not even thinking about it :thumb:

JKbrick

Got all my 37's in - thanks again Matt!

After about a week, they ride great! saving for LS swap ..need more power lol

Will be heading off to Moab in a few days to give them a full shake out :thumb:

Before BFG KO
View attachment 132926

After BFG KO2
View attachment 132927

That looks great! I think I like the all silver now, did you not balance them since you have bead locks like everyone else or are they balanced? Also, are you running no spacers?

Discount Tire

I drove to and from Moab, the highway ride was smooth. I did have road noise from the front but I recall when I had the PR44 installed the shop told me they set the toe-in more than usual because that was their preference. I also noticed tire noise from the 315 BFG's I had on before the 37's which made no noise with the D44. I'll re-align and see if that helps with the road noise.

tires did great on the trail, I ran a same trail as last year so I would have a reference. the KO2 stuck well on steep inclines where the KO's would loose grip, sidewalls took rubbing with no issues and no chunks missing :thumb: last year I got some chunking on the KO's. I only aired down to 20 on the KO2 where last year I aired down to 12 on the KO's, not sure how much of a difference the air difference would make but the KO2's just stuck.

I was able to get the KO2's on while we still had rain in TX and have to say they handle so much better than the KO's - may be the larger size but I've run BFG's over the years and IMO the KO's have never been real good in the rain. Looking forward to see how they do in the Colorado and Utah winters

overall I'm pleased with how well the tires handled and IMO it is an improvement over the KO.

heading to Arkansas ORV park at the end of the month, we'll see what those trails have to offer.

I'll toss in that having the PSC assist really made a difference in the turns. I was thinking PSC was overkill when I had the 315's but after getting all the install issues worked out, with the 37's on it was cake. While I watched others double hand the steering wheel to make a turn I was one-handed not even thinking about it :thumb:

Thanks for taking the time to post up your trail review of the KO2's. Moab has to be one of the best testing grounds in the country.

Wardell

Thanks for sharing this. I'm glad to hear they preformed well in the rock and dirt of Moab, and were even good on wet roads.

Now my real question is, how they will do in snow, ice, mud and muskeg? I plan on getting a set in 37s this spring or early summer, so I may have to test that myself. lol

jeeeep

Hooked
That looks great! I think I like the all silver now, did you not balance them since you have bead locks like everyone else or are they balanced? Also, are you running no spacers?

I ran them without balancing for a few days to see how they would do. I got a slight shimmy at 70 and since I tend to drive that or faster I decided to get them balanced. i haven't looked to see how much weight but they got it done fast! i had it up to 90mph no issues except watching the gas needle drop :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom