Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Kyle7R

That grill though

Lmao, man thats a mean looking Jeep. Thats the look im going for. But i wanted a puppy decal and the snout with the windshield brow

To top it all off the snot nosed little shit just hauled off and pushed the empty cart halfway across the parking lot towards the cart corral after he helped his mommy unload the groceries into that abomination.

But on the bright side, got the EVO goodies put on the rear of the Jeep. Just need to hunt down the factory bolts for both sides and finish repainting my hitch before putting it back on.

Attachments

• 1472439588973.jpg
    1472439588973.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 46

PROJKUR

To top it all off the snot nosed little shit just hauled off and pushed the empty cart halfway across the parking lot towards the cart corral after he helped his mommy unload the groceries into that abomination.

But on the bright side, got the EVO goodies put on the rear of the Jeep. Just need to hunt down the factory bolts for both sides and finish repainting my hitch before putting it back on.

Looking good!

Very nice! That ass...

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Wish I would have known you guys were coming to Dallas earlier, could have met up for a bite. Looks like you had fun!
We did have a lot of fun, And theres always next time [emoji41]
Dallas was a lot more fun than i thought.

Im not even surprised by the way he modded his Jeep lol

Btw, that fascia looks really good! :thumb:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Last night Ash and I were sitting around on the front porch, and the topic of Go Topless Weekend came up. We thought it might be cool to see if anyone from WAL wanted to go next year, and maybe we could all pitch in together and rent a nice condo down there for the weekend. Spend a few days on the beach, Fires at night, and not having to drive around the beach during topless sounds like a nice way to spend a weekend to me. Now I know GTW is usually the last weekend of May, but I was talking with friends there this year, and they said they usually plan everything out WAY early, and book first thing after the new year. SO if we want a condo, we will need to reserve it come January. So commitment will be needed early on. What do you guys think? sound like something we need a thread for?

Something Like this Maybe? https://www.vrbo.com/616906

Last edited:

Jackal01

Last night Ash and I were sitting around on the front porch, and the topic of Go Topless Weekend came up. We thought it might be cool to see if anyone from WAL wanted to go next year, and maybe we could all pitch in together and rent a nice condo down there for the weekend. Spend a few days on the beach, Fires at night, and not having to drive around the beach during topless sounds like a nice way to spend a weekend to me. Now I know GTW is usually the last weekend of May, but I was talking with friends there this year, and they said they usually plan everything out WAY early, and book first thing after the new year. SO if we want a condo, we will need to reserve it come January. So commitment will be needed early on. What do you guys think? sound like something we need a thread for?

I am on the fence. I like hanging out on the beach but large groups of people in a relatively small area, especially drunk and stupid bother me tremendously. I would want to be in/at the house during the day then venture out when the crowds dissipate. I will have to think this over.

I am on the fence. I like hanging out on the beach but large groups of people in a relatively small area, especially drunk and stupid bother me tremendously. I would want to be in/at the house during the day then venture out when the crowds dissipate. I will have to think this over.

I agree with Charlie. The craziness during the day on the beach would drive me crazy, so having a house to park and relax at would be awesome. Im in for this.

Got this put on yesterday morning/afternoon with much needed help from Charlie. Banged it out just before it started to rain pretty hard. PSC body mounted tire carrier. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472479023.348853.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472479033.580550.jpg

Napalm

This definitely might be something Ashten and I are interested it and next year will be a lot better for us as far as going wheeling/Jeep trips.

I also agree with Charlie as well though too.

Jackal01

Are you thinking of a condo or house ON the beach or close to the seawall? We rented a house a couple summers ago with a group of friends. Probably built a hundred years ago. It was awesome. But they had a pool and that was nice to have since we didn't always want to be at the beach. Something to consider.

Jackal01

Got this put on yesterday morning/afternoon with much needed help from Charlie. Banged it out just before it started to rain pretty hard. PSC body mounted tire carrier. View attachment 220314 View attachment 220315

LOL that install was smooth compared to when I did it! It worked out well though. Got it done in what...6 hours with a couple breaks and trips. Glad you liked it and I am pleased someone local that I know bought it. :rock:

Kyle7R

I'd be interested if we can make the schedule work. Just reiterating what Charlie and Mike said about it being wild down there.

We drove down this year, and while the main stretch was busy and wild, we were able to drive down a bit either way(either past the wash out, or back towards high island) and find a calmer spot to sit, relax and let the dogs run and play.

LOL that install was smooth compared to when I did it! It worked out well though. Got it done in what...6 hours with a couple breaks and trips. Glad you liked it and I am pleased someone local that I know bought it. :rock:

Haha if we didn't forget our wallets on that first trip we would have been done by the 4pm prediction lol

Mike, that looks awesome!

Thanks! Really happy with the way it turned out. Putting on the Evo d ring mounts this afternoon to finish up the rear end...for now at least lol

Kyle7R

Haha if we didn't forget our wallets on that first trip we would have been done by the 4pm prediction lol

Thanks! Really happy with the way it turned out. Putting on the Evo d ring mounts this afternoon to finish up the rear end...for now at least lol

Dude those lock nuts for the rear are an absolute pain in the ass. Holler if you need some motivation, lol.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

I agree with Charlie. The craziness during the day on the beach would drive me crazy, so having a house to park and relax at would be awesome. Im in for this.

This definitely might be something Ashten and I are interested it and next year will be a lot better for us as far as going wheeling/Jeep trips.

I also agree with Charlie as well though too.

The Craziness on the beach is exactly why I'm thinking a condo with the WAL crew would be awesome. I can only handle the GTW crowds and craziness for so long before it starts to "harsh my mellow" and an escape would be nice...

Nate: Depending on how the dates work out, If you guys want to come down a day early, or stay an extra night, you guys are welcome to stay with us.

Are you thinking of a condo or house ON the beach or close to the seawall? We rented a house a couple summers ago with a group of friends. Probably built a hundred years ago. It was awesome. But they had a pool and that was nice to have since we didn't always want to be at the beach. Something to consider.

I was thinking something just south of the washout, like the link in my first post about it. This way, Bottoms Up Jeepers brings a DJ booth and they have a dance party that rolls on into the night, I feel this location is far enough from the washout to avoid the MAJORITY of nighttime shenanigans, have our own place for a fire/night time hang out. Yet still close enough to walk/drive over to enjoy the music & dance.

I'd be interested if we can make the schedule work. Just reiterating what Charlie and Mike said about it being wild down there.

We drove down this year, and while the main stretch was busy and wild, we were able to drive down a bit either way(either past the wash out, or back towards high island) and find a calmer spot to sit, relax and let the dogs run and play.

Yep, This is basically a requirement if the dogs come.

Last year, (GTW 2015) I brought my pup, and it was fine during the morning, but towards the afternoon/evening time, people starting getting drunk... now Lexi is a GREAT dog, but she is definately a protector, and drunk "unpredictable" strangers on the beach where NOT her friend to say the least... she was not having ANY of it. So this year (Back in may) we left her at home, and headed to GTW around 2pm, and came back home that same night.

this place is a little further down the beach and is pet friendly!! :thumb: https://www.vrbo.com/791935

Mike, that looks awesome!

BOTH you're jeeps are looking awesome! I'm getting Jealous. maybe its time to spend some money.... :brows:

EDIT: It looks like GTW will be the weekend of the 20th http://www.allthingsjeep.com/go-topless-day.html

Last edited:

cjmenma

We would be interested as well... I share everyone's thoughts, it is a fun event but the huge amount of stupid drunk people gets old pretty quick. This year we bailed out kinda early, the wife was upset at all the nudity going on :idontknow: :cheesy:

Top Bottom