Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Kyle7R

Thanks everybody for the support!

If it was from over tightening then it was my fault. I finally got it home, after quite the adventure with my new friend the tow truck driver! I'm headed to the auto parts store now for a new lug nut key, as the one I had got split in two during the recovery.

Napalm

After what's happened to Kyle today, I went out and broke and re set all the torque on my lug nuts. Just to make sure it was at 95ft pounds!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
-

Best I can tell, one of the studs snapped off and fired back inside the rotor and caused most of the havoc. It got pinned, and locked everything up. One broken stud, and at least 3 others that were bent.

Wow! Time to invest in a torque wrench! :yep:

Kyle7R

Wow! Time to invest in a torque wrench! :yep:

Yeah, picked one up this evening. I got the studs replaced, but the rotor they sold me was too deep. So I've got to go exchange it tomorrow and hopefully get back on the road. I've got to see if this wheel is salvageable or not.

Attachments

• 1470105878066.jpg
    1470105878066.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 1470105886566.jpg
    1470105886566.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 1470105895566.jpg
    1470105895566.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 40

WJCO

Meme King
Front or rear? If rear, make sure axle flange isn't bent. My rotor broke just like that from a bent flange. But my wheel studs were OK. Good luck.

Kyle7R

Front or rear? If rear, make sure axle flange isn't bent. My rotor broke just like that from a bent flange. But my wheel studs were OK. Good luck.

It was the front driver side. I spun it and didn't see any abnormal movement during the rotation. I'll be able to tell a bit more when I have the rotor back on I hope.

Top Bottom