Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

James720

My name is James. No Jeep yet, but would like to get to know some people. I currently live in Zachary, LA (North of Baton Rouge by about 15 miles) but start my new job in Texas on the 19th and will be moving to Porter, TX. Once we get settled I will be ordering a 2 door JK. I'm very good with tools and building vehicles but this will be my first Jeep. Looking forward to meeting people and getting a hand in helping with build.

Whats up with the "Montgomery Jeep Club" stickers I see all over?

Hoyt Ag

Not the best picture, but its the most recent one from my breakdown this weekend. :mad:

We live in the Heights area.

towjeep.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I dont know if you guys can see this or not (if your on facebook?) but now that I have completed the Long Arms on my jeep, Thought maybe some of you may be interested in a wrench party?

https://www.facebook.com/events/420902904775144/

For those of you w/o Facebook or if you cant view the event because I have no clue what I'm doing...

This Saturday 12/19/2015 @ around 10am (Tentative) near the Houston IKEA (pm for address)

INSTALL: Evo 4" Double D Long Arm Lift Kit w/ Drag Link Flip

Itinerary:
Install and Bleed Stainless Brake lines
Install Shocks & Springs
Drill and Install High Steer correction (Drag Link Flip)
Cut and Install Trac Bar Relocation Brackets (Front & Rear)
Break down OEM tires & Remove TPMS
Mount TPMS and New Tires on Beadlock wheels
Full Alignment (Adjust Long Arms & Set Pinion Angles Front & Rear)

What can you bring to help?
1x HiLift Jack (Break tire beads)
1x Sawzall w/ metal blades (rear trac bar bracket)
1x Grinder w/ metal disks (rear trac bar bracket)
1x 5 gallon bucket (to help mount tires on beadlocks, I have 1)
1x good angle finder (set pinion)
1x large 16mm+ cresent wrench (for jam nuts on control arms)
* Something useful to help square up the axles (trial and error process, I have never done it before)
* Anything else that you want to bring! (again, I have never done this before)

I do not think Everything will get done on saturday, so we may have to either spill over to after the holidays (Early January)
Please let me know if your interested. I know @Jackal01 and @daverawr mentioned they would like to help out, I just dont know if you guys are available this weekend or not... Let me know.

Last edited:

Jackal01

I am not sure yet. Just got back from a cruise yesterday, took work off today so I do not know what's going on yet if anything is happening within the next week. I'll update later.

daverawr

I'm not sure as of yet as well.! Gotta see what i got going on but I'm sure I'll have time to stop by atleast for a hour or 2 maybe more depending. We were supposed to head out to barnwells this past weekend and weekend before and rain has been pushing us back. So all depends I'll update later this week as well

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm not sure as of yet as well.! Gotta see what i got going on but I'm sure I'll have time to stop by atleast for a hour or 2 maybe more depending. We were supposed to head out to barnwells this past weekend and weekend before and rain has been pushing us back. So all depends I'll update later this week as well

Dave, you can bring your pups aswell.

Also, my fiancé will be here. Idk if she will be out and about or chilling outside with us, or if you want to bring your significants and they can drink wine or whatever

We can also have a fire in the backyard after dark if you guys want to just hang out. Let me know and I'll try to get some firewood in advance

Top Bottom