EVO Rear D-Ring Install Help!

thardy

Banned
So, I got everything trimmed down, repainted, and ready for install. Go to install the first side and the first bolt I put through is smaller than all the others and the nut just slides on. I'll call about that in the AM. Second issue comes with the nuts that have to tabs on them. I cannot get them to fully thread on to any of the bolts. Is this a common thing or am I doing something wrong?

Sent from the Wayalife mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Are you able to thread the flag nut on the bolt before trying to install? I can't remember, but it might be a lock nut. They are usually hard after the first few threads.

thardy

Banned
Are you able to thread the flag nut on the bolt before trying to install? I can't remember, but it might be a lock nut. They are usually hard after the first few threads.

I can get it started on and off the Jeep but I can't get it past about four threads. When trying to install it, I even bent part of the flag nut handle.

olram30

Can you post a picture of all the hardware laid out? It's been a while since I did mine.

thardy

Banned
Here is all of the hardware.
1410728452615.jpg

As you can see here, the left bolt is smaller and than the other 3.
1410728502959.jpg

Here is a close up to the flag nut that I tried to get on.
1410728543846.jpg

olram30

Left bolt probably the wrong one. It happens. The second from right looks stripped. Probably cross threaded. Give a call tomorrow, they should fix you up.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea deff call EVO mfg tomorrow. When I got mine I was missing the wing nuts. Called the next day and they over nighted them to me!

thardy

Banned
Yeah, the wrong bolt definitely happens, no worries there. The one that looks cross-threaded is the one that I tried to install. It actually isn't though, just the finished rubbed off. The flag-nuts actually look like the bolt hole is slightly off round, right where the flag portion was welded on. Who knows though :idontknow: I'll give NR4x4 (where I bought 'em) a call tomorrow and go from there. At least the difficult part is complete.

I'm not positive, as I have not install the EVO products but I think the flag nuts are slightly oval so as to provide extra pressure. They should be pretty hard to get on, but once on they should be solid.
But I would call just to be sure. Eddie might know off hand if that is true for these or not.

thardy

Banned
So I guess my question now is do I just call EVO direct or go through Northridge4x4 since that's where I bought them?

So I guess my question now is do I just call EVO direct or go through Northridge4x4 since that's where I bought them?

I would call them direct... no sense adding a middle man unless they tell you to call Northridge directly. It's not like you want to return it, you just need a few replacement parts.

thardy

Banned
I would call them direct... no sense adding a middle man unless they tell you to call Northridge directly. It's not like you want to return it, you just need a few replacement parts.

That was my thought too. I'll let yall know how it goes.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Call northridge if that's who you bought if from.

You wouldn't call Pizza Hut if little Caesars was missing something from your order would you?

Call northridge if that's who you bought if from.

You wouldn't call Pizza Hut if little Caesars was missing something from your order would you?

:crazyeyes: I would if Pizza Hut was the one that was delivering pizza to Caesars... course I wouldn't eat pizza from either of those places since neither of them sell pizza... they sell plates of crap... but since that would never happen its kind of makes no sense. :thinking:

Besides, what are you going to do... call Northridge to have them tell you they need to contact EVO, to have EVO say we'll send you (Northridge) the bolts... then they have to ship them to you... seems like a waste of time if you ask me.

Personally I would just go to the hardware store and buy another grade 8 bolt for $3 bucks.... but thats me. I would just want my new part on my Jeep and I'm not going to wait 4 days for a stupid bolt... ;)

jeeeep

Hooked
many manufacturers insert a tech support number and instructions not to contact the place you bought it from but to contact them direct for any additional support.

I don't understand why some of your are so hell bent on not contacting EVO MFG or Offroad Evolution if a problem arises with their parts that were purchased from a reseller.

I know they are 2 different companies and Offroad Evolution is their main resale store but EVO brand is sold to other retailers to resale as well, I think the problem here is there is no clear distinction on which entity to contact for support.

Maybe Drew will chime in here, I've seen him answer many questions regarding EVO with no prejudice as to where it was purchased.

thardy

Banned
I know I can just go get new one's and I might, but I also spent hard earned money on a product and expect it to work as advertised. Since its a hardware issue and not a product issue, I'm going to give Evo a call and go from there.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
:crazyeyes: I would if Pizza Hut was the one that was delivering pizza to Caesars... course I wouldn't eat pizza from either of those places since neither of them sell pizza... they sell plates of crap... but since that would never happen its kind of makes no sense. :thinking:

Besides, what are you going to do... call Northridge to have them tell you they need to contact EVO, to have EVO say we'll send you (Northridge) the bolts... then they have to ship them to you... seems like a waste of time if you ask me.

Personally I would just go to the hardware store and buy another grade 8 bolt for $3 bucks.... but thats me. I would just want my new part on my Jeep and I'm not going to wait 4 days for a stupid bolt... ;)

Actually no northridge might have extra bolts or they will call EVO and have them send them directly.

I've seen you post, clearly you aren't that stupid to think EVO would send the hardware to northridge who would then send it to the customer.

Top Bottom