EVO Rear D-Ring Install Help!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
many manufacturers insert a tech support number and instructions not to contact the place you bought it from but to contact them direct for any additional support.

I don't understand why some of your are so hell bent on not contacting EVO MFG or Offroad Evolution if a problem arises with their parts that were purchased from a reseller.

I know they are 2 different companies and Offroad Evolution is their main resale store but EVO brand is sold to other retailers to resale as well, I think the problem here is there is no clear distinction on which entity to contact for support.

Maybe Drew will chime in here, I've seen him answer many questions regarding EVO with no prejudice as to where it was purchased.

Actually that is the problem. Idiots call drew at ORE for issues they have when they didn't even buy from him. If you have an issue call EVO who builds and makes the parts or northridge who you bought them from, not ORE. ORE has nothing to do with your problems or transaction.

Actually that is the problem. Idiots call drew at ORE for issues they have when they didn't even buy from him. If you have an issue call EVO who builds and makes the parts or northridge who you bought them from, not ORE. ORE has nothing to do with your problems or transaction.

"I understand, but why?" Lmao

thardy

Banned
That escalated quickly. I fully understand the difference between Evo Manufacturing and ORE, so I definitely wouldn't call ORE with this issue, since I purchased from NR4x4. Not even really sure why ORE has been brought up.

Sent from the Wayalife mobile app

That escalated quickly. I fully understand the difference between Evo Manufacturing and ORE, so I definitely wouldn't call ORE with this issue, since I purchased from NR4x4. Not even really sure why ORE has been brought up.

Sorry, sortof a private joke. We had an ex member in your same situation a while back. He was calling everyone EXCEPT the people he got the parts from.

thardy

Banned
Sorry, sortof a private joke. We had an ex member in your same situation a while back. He was calling everyone EXCEPT the people he got the parts from.

Gotcha. Yeah, that doesn't make much sense at all.

I'm going to take a look at the instructions provided in the morning and see if it mentions contacting Evo with any issues, otherwise it makes the most sense to go through Northridge.

jeeeep

Hooked
Actually that is the problem. Idiots call drew at ORE for issues they have when they didn't even buy from him. If there is an issue call EVO who builds and makes the parts or the reseller they were bought them from, not ORE. ORE has nothing to do with EVO problems or transaction.

I fixed it for you.. I did not buy the parts.

I was merely trying to get clarification on a point of contact and since Drew is here sort of representing the EVO side I thought he might chime in and help sort it out.

thardy

Banned
I fixed it for you.. I did not buy the parts.

I was merely trying to get clarification on a point of contact and since Drew is here sort of representing the EVO side I thought he might chime in and help sort it out.

I believe that is where you are confused. To my knowledge, Drew is here representing ORE, not Evo. They aren't quite the same.

jeeeep

Hooked
I believe that is where you are confused. To my knowledge, Drew is here representing ORE, not Evo. They aren't quite the same.

exactly - that's why I stated "sort of" ...and he does answer questions on EVO parts so it's caused confusion...

So I believe you are confused........read all the words....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That had nothing to do with you. It had to do with the guys saying "call Drew at ORE" when he has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Yeah if you do call, call EVO directly, this certainly isn't Drew's problem.

And hopefully they send the bolts directly... but you never know.

But again I would just buy a new bolt at the hardware store myself. With that kind of thing I'm way to inpatient.. But that's me :brows:

KingCopperhead

Contact the vendor you bought it from. I had an issue with a part that I purchased from Northridge4x4 not long ago (not an evo part) and they contacted the manufacturer on my behalf, my issue was rectified within a half an hour. If anything they'll be able to clear up who you need to contact, although that's essentially already been covered in this thread.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
So to revive this topic, I just finished installing the rear d ring kit and one of the sides was really tights to get in the frame and the other is where my problem is. Even after tightening the bolts it still is loose in the frame it rattles around

Did anyone else have this problem? If so what did you do to fix it ?

So to revive this topic, I just finished installing the rear d ring kit and one of the sides was really tights to get in the frame and the other is where my problem is. Even after tightening the bolts it still is loose in the frame it rattles around

Did anyone else have this problem? If so what did you do to fix it ?

Yes I had to use a 3 foot breaker bar and just kept tightening until it snugged. I can swing by if you want to look at mine.

You don't happen to have a Jack that can get me high enough to re-seat a spring in the front do you.

Last edited:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Yes I had to use a 3 foot breaker bar and just kept tightening until it snugged.

You don't happen to have a Jack that can get me high enough to re-seat a spring in the front do you.

I've got a hi lift jack and a big floor jack. How did the spring come unseated ?

Top Bottom