JKUR15 Anvil Build

madflyer72

It took a lot of convincing at the dealership because they didn't think the color was even an option on the 2015's.

madflyer72

Got some things done with the jeep. Starting out small and doing things right the first time.

Got some OEM rubber floor mats installed in the jeep. Living in a state that involves heavy snow and loads of ice on the streets, it is only natural that it makes it in my vehicles ruining the floor mats...rubber is a must.

I installed a shorty antenna which works great.

Also the brown Santa dropped off some boxes today...got my new Dynomax Compotion Exhaust (thanks to the WOL video I saw on youtube). This forum has been great and I have literally read every "build sheet" on this site.

Anyways for some pictures:

Here is new antenna

Before:

After:

Sound quality is the same. I really enjoy not seeing that flip around in the corner of my eye.

The other gifts that were left at my front door step.

Now some of you may be asking why I just didn't order the hitch at the dealership. When you order the "Towing Package" you jeep comes with 3.73 gears. If you order a 4:1 like I did, it doesn't come with a towing package and I just couldn't justify spending almost $300.00 for a little receiver. I picked this one up on Rugged Ridge receiver off of Amazon for $56.00.

Should be a busy morning before work tomorrow!!!

madflyer72

Next started with the exhaust:

FYI, no matter how new your jeep is...getting the old exhaust off is a bitch...I used some bearing grease on the hangers and a pry bar which seemed to help a lot. I got it all put together and the sound is really good. Here is the parts and the finished product.

The old exhaust probably ways 60lbs

Put the new receiver on

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Next started with the exhaust:

FYI, no matter how new your jeep is...getting the old exhaust off is a bitch...I used some bearing grease on the hangers and a pry bar which seemed to help a lot.

Put the new receiver on

Yeah, I had the same problem when I put my exhaust on. Thought it would just come apart at the joints with a little force, but that sum bitch refused! I ended up taking a Sawzall to it. :thumb:

Also, I guess you weren't a fan of the bumperless look? I wasn't sure myself until I took it off and I liked it. Of course I liked it a lot better with the Evo frame rail cover too.

madflyer72

Yeah, I had the same problem when I put my exhaust on. Thought it would just come apart at the joints with a little force, but that sum bitch refused! I ended up taking a Sawzall to it. :thumb:

Also, I guess you weren't a fan of the bumperless look? I wasn't sure myself until I took it off and I liked it. Of course I liked it a lot better with the Evo frame rail cover too.

I didn't mind the look, but being poor and paying off student loans...I will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

madflyer72

Looks like the brown santa dropped of my Evo leveling kit.

So easy to install and the quality is great. Highly recommend this kit to the people who want to start their build slow.

This kit itself:

Jeep prior to lift

Shock, sway bar link and coil spring all disconnected.

Stock front coil compared to Evo leveling kit coil spring

The tools that I highly recommend when doing this install. For those of you who are attempting this as your "first big project"...all I can say is when working with suspension...get a good pair of gloves. Your hands will find everything that is sharp or that pinches.

I will get a picture of the finished product when it gets light out. Finished the project up at 2am then made myself an old fashioned:thumb:. What a way to end a day.:thumb:

madflyer72

Well the day finally came...

It was during amazon prime day that I received an email from NR.

I called them asking if they had any deals on the EVO 1/4 pounder and stinger...sure enough they did. They offered a deal so good, even my soon to be wife agreed to let me buy it...which made me do a double take since there is a wedding in our future.

Five days later and thousands of packing peanuts later, I was installing that 75lbs beast.

I am not going to lie, I was nervous making the cut because my jeep only has 15,000 miles on it, but I guess we will see what happens when I go into the dealership next time.

Here are some pictures I took during the project.

Off with the stock bumper and plastic grill

Test fit!!

All bolted up

It looks great and I am so impressed with the quality of work! I would recommend this bumper to anyone thinking of making the purchase.

In another project, also found 10x7 foot trailer on craigslist. Decided to fix her up in preparation for my new job and the move.

Luckily my new company is moving us but I figured I would move my tool boxes and riding lawn mower since they won't touch anything that has gas or batteries in them. I just figured I would move both of my tool boxes since I have about 5,000 plus invested in both towers.

Stopped at the parents place in Madison, WI to borrow the Skil Saw. Dad is seeing how strong the project is.

In the front I made a solid wall of 1x6" planks just because of previous trailers with the jeep. Since I do not have mud flaps, anything that is on the trailer gets ripped apart from the rocks that stay in my jeeps tires. Hopefully this new wall fixes that problem.

ITLL GO

Well the day finally came...

It was during amazon prime day that I received an email from NR.

I called them asking if they had any deals on the EVO 1/4 pounder and stinger...sure enough they did. They offered a deal so good, even my soon to be wife agreed to let me buy it...which made me do a double take since there is a wedding in our future.

Five days later and thousands of packing peanuts later, I was installing that 75lbs beast.

I am not going to lie, I was nervous making the cut because my jeep only has 15,000 miles on it, but I guess we will see what happens when I go into the dealership next time.

Here are some pictures I took during the project.

Off with the stock bumper and plastic grill

Test fit!!

All bolted up

It looks great and I am so impressed with the quality of work! I would recommend this bumper to anyone thinking of making the purchase.

In another project, also found 10x7 foot trailer on craigslist. Decided to fix her up in preparation for my new job and the move.

Luckily my new company is moving us but I figured I would move my tool boxes and riding lawn mower since they won't touch anything that has gas or batteries in them. I just figured I would move both of my tool boxes since I have about 5,000 plus invested in both towers.

Stopped at the parents place in Madison, WI to borrow the Skil Saw. Dad is seeing how strong the project is.

In the front I made a solid wall of 1x6" planks just because of previous trailers with the jeep. Since I do not have mud flaps, anything that is on the trailer gets ripped apart from the rocks that stay in my jeeps tires. Hopefully this new wall fixes that problem.

Looks great!!

Top Bottom