Rubicon Trail Under Evacuation Order For King Fire

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
This really sucks! I really hope they can contain it soon so it doesn't affect the rubicon even more than it prob has

It really does if it hits the trail there would be alot of history burned out on that trail it would never be same :naw: and I would say by the looks of the pictures I would have to say that it does look like a ground fire

Oregonjeeper

Is it mostly a ground fire or is it running the crowns? If it's the latter, that area of the Sierras won't be the same in our lifetime. It's tragic.

You would be Surprised ...Sometimes the woods just bounce back we had a pretty bad fire up here like 15 years ago..and its healthy now... but you are right sometimes it takes a long time.. all depends on the heat of the fire ...

I don't really know how it works out west... but around here the fires kill off all medium growth. The added ground light and nitrogen from the fire causes a quick thatch that is ugly and tough to get through for several years. Usually large growth can make it through (especially this late in the season).

Oregonjeeper

The smoke yesterday was almost unbearable. The forecast for today isn't supposed to be much better.

Do you guys have any rain in the forecast?? Smoke was very bad here and light rain cleared most of it quickly... i hope you guys get some rain soon :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just looked on inciweb and the fire is 35% contained as of 7AM this morning. Big progress yesterday but the fire is just shy of 90,000 acres.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys have any rain in the forecast?? Smoke was very bad here and light rain cleared most of it quickly... i hope you guys get some rain soon :thumb:

There is a 20% chance of rain starting Thursday and going through the weekend. Hopefully it does come as we could sure use it!

Yep. I think it is supposed to be bad through Thursday at least. It sucks.

Yeah, that's what the local news said last night. Small of a chance as it might be, I sure do hope some of the wet stuff comes our way.

Just looked on inciweb and the fire is 35% contained as of 7AM this morning. Big progress yesterday but the fire is just shy of 90,000 acres.

That is a crazy huge and can't imagine what it looks like out there. :grayno:

bkac

Caught the Bug

Such a beautiful area to be suffering from a fire of this magnitude. Bring on the rain!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mrs.2013rubirick

I just spoke with a friend who is a CHP and he heard that the Rubicon was just smoky, he said that even though they closed the Loon Lake entrance that it could have been simply to evacuate and keep people off the trail. Crossing fingers that there wasn't any large devastation to the area, and that if they do manage to get the fire out that they can open the trail back up quickly. He also said that it is now at 38% containment (was the last he heard) so perhaps there is a chance.....................I'm very hopeful! :D

Last edited:

xkid

Wish I could send some rain to you good folks.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Up in South Lake Tahoe today and it really is nice. North shore is still socked in with smoke.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411515582.242705.jpg

Panda

A few pics I came across :( ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411520821.585449.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411520833.381356.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411520853.473170.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411520883.344796.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411520894.453134.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411520903.723503.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411520916.469203.jpg
Here we're worried about a weekend trip and people up there lost everything :grayno:

Top Bottom