Jeep Overland - A Midsized Crossover Concept

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who haven't seen it, AllPar just published a new mid-sized cross over concept Jeep called the "Overland" and I'd love to get your take on it. Check it out...

Overland: midsized Jeep crossover
overland.jpg

If the Jeep Renegade really takes off in popularity, the company may want to capitalize on that with a slightly larger version, boxy to maximize interior space, and styled different from Cherokee and the forthcoming “mini-Grand-Cherokee” Jeep Compass. Would this ever come to fruition? If it does, perhaps it will look like JackRatchett’s rendering, above. (Note: we have no rumors or reasons to assume that this will happen.)

Published on AllPar here:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/09/overland-midsized-jeep-crossover

JRoc

Interesting... Maybe if it had a Hemi?? Although, looks like it might be a challenge to fit D60's and 40's under that thing. :hmm:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Between this and the Scrambler concept, I need some serious eye wash. I just don't like the lines of either of these vehicles.

DA RUNT

Just not a fan of the styling. You know how when you see something really nice for the first time and you're like, "damn what is that?" Yeah I get the opposite with this

trailless

Caught the Bug
Between this and the Scrambler concept, I need some serious eye wash. I just don't like the lines of either of these vehicles.

Hopefully, like any concept car, it's over the top just to gather attention because that thing is :icon_crazy: :Disappointed:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
What exactly is a "crossover"? It looks like every other soccer mom transport on the market to me. Those fenders and tires look like they would rub on a speed bump at the mall. That design looks like it will only take on the grassy median in a private driveway if you choose to off-road. I'm not keen on this one.

Oregonjeeper

Not a fan at all they need to stick with what they are good at..Wranglers and Cherokee/Grand Cherokee...If they want to blow the market wide open bring back the pickup:beer::thumb:

Jeeper Jr.

I read a really nice article in Automobile magazine. It was by an auto design critic named Robert Cumberford and he nailed it right on the head think when he reviewed the Renegade.
It pretty much betrayed the Jeep name and fails pretty hard from a design standpoint. It doesn't look rugged enough, it doesn't really look like a Jeep, atleast in the off road sense of the company. If you peeled off the badges, you could sell it as any other make.
I didn't like the Renegade much but this new thing is really bad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom