35" Nitto Trail Grapplers - Hum/Ride/Orange County

GENREC

Yup another TG post from a newb! Want these, just wondering from people that have them, how is the noise hum level on 35's and how is the overall ride feel, I drive 60+ miles a day. Do you get pulled all over the freeway with these? For reference I live in South Orange County, and drive the 405 and 5 freeway mostly.

Also, if you have a shorty antenna like the 13" antenna X or from Rebel, etc..how is the AM/FM reception with these, Orange County 405/5/22 freeways, San Clemente or Huntington Beach?

Thanks guys!

t8er

It's not the OC but I have the 35" trail grapplers and live in Denver. They don't pull me all over the road and honestly road noise wise they aren't that bad definitely quiet for an aggressive tire. Not significantly louder than the stock BFG M/T's. I run a 6" metal stubby antenna I bought at 4wp and the reception is fine until I get into the mountains but that's because its the mountains. hope this helps.

Fridge81

I love mine! The ride is dependent on air pressure obviously. I run mine around 28-30psi and they ride nice. They aren't noisy at all and seem to be wearing great.

They don't wonder all over the road but you may notice a little pull. I believe it's what they call radial pull but I'm not too familiar with it so hopefully someone will chime in with an explanation on that.

I highly recommend these tires.

Welcome to the forum! 😆🍻

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Markymark420

Slightly louder (if at all) than the stock BFG's M/T. Not obnoxious in any way.
I drive 65 miles each way to work-on a good day-and have put about 30k miles on the set and while there is noticeable wear, I don't doubt that I will be able to put at least another 30k plus before they will be due for replacement.
They work outstanding in the sand at Pismo (aired down to about 12 psi) and I have no complaints other than what has been previously mentioned about them chunking while running in areas with sharper rocks (to be expected)

Sent via Link-16 using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Ant's JK

I drive 80 miles a day on the freeway with no issues from these tires, I feel that once these wear out I'll get another set

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

GENREC

Didn't want to start another thread..anyway after all my homework and reading, I have the pulled the plug on these Trail Grapplers and they go on next week....was wondering what the 35" actual height is with like 30 psi in it..I know they are not a true 35" the Nitto site says like 34.8..but is it really that true or like closer to just 34". Asking manin\ly so I can decide on gears.

2014 Sport JKU. Never going larger than 35's. So thinking 4.56's...but after reading that may be even run high, closer to 3k rpm, and I wanted to be in the green zone more for my DD!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I drive 80 miles a day on the freeway with no issues from these tires, I feel that once these wear out I'll get another set

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ant's JK, what gears are you running? 3:21 3:73?

07JKSahara

I have 35 TGs, but a light two door. I run 24ish most times, 10 aired down. You'll be surprised how high 30 really is. Anyway, mine from hub to ground x 2 is 33.5". I have 4.10s, and at 70 I am perfectly 2k rpms. Not sure, but 3k sounds really high for 4.56.

Last edited:

JKALLTHEWAY

I have the 35's and run a 4.56 gear. I have the PSI at 34 they're not loud they don't pull. And my rpms are about 2600 at 70 mph. This is the fourth vehicle I've ran these tires. And love them. I drive from Chino Hills to downtown LA everyday with no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

2011jk

I have 40" trail grapplers and 4.56 barely hear them. Handle great so far but haven't seen much snow. Perfect off road and on the rocks, IMO much better that MTR's everywhere.

GENREC

I have the 35's and run a 4.56 gear. I have the PSI at 34 they're not loud they don't pull. And my rpms are about 2600 at 70 mph. This is the fourth vehicle I've ran these tires. And love them. I drive from Chino Hills to downtown LA everyday with no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just what I wanted to hear. :thumb:

Top Bottom