The Ultimate Windshield Protection

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sick and tired of rocks cracking your windshield? Want something more overlanding cool to add to your expedition rig than limb risers? Well apparently, Fiat developed a sophisticated, ultra sleek solution back in the early 1970's for its Abarth 124 Spider rally car and, as you can see, it truly was the ultimate in windshield protection!! Tennis anyone?

Check it out....

pljbgfb7flvyuwg1bds9.jpg

I'm surprised that it never caught on :cheesy:

But then, I wouldn't be surprised if some over-zealous overlanding type out there did come out with something like this for a Jeep JK Wrangler. Who knows, maybe it'll show up in a future Mopar performance catalogue. :D

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Hmmm, a bug strainer, lol

That's what I was thinking myself haha :cheesy:

i can see the potential in it though and Eddie hey you never know somebody might just take the time one day and make a youtube video called automotive tennis and with something like that on there car playing tennis never know :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
NEW from MOPAR, the Ultimate Windshield Protection for the rough and rugged Jeep JK Wrangler owner. :D

JP011_026WR-screen.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Great idea as my kids are always looking for fun, new things to do on the trail. This will double as a badminton, volleyball or lawn tennis net. :thumb:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Ha! This would be way cheaper than the coverage I bought for my JK. But in CO it's a must...rocks in the windshield are practically a weekly experience around here.

I recently moved from Arizona back home to Colorado and I know your observation is 100% accurate. I've never seen so many bullseyes and badly cracked windshields in my life and I'm sure some of them have been damaged for a long time, some to the point of being dangerous.
Two things:
1. I hope the engineers who developed the Fiat tennis net have long since retired.
2. I've never had a bullseye or fractured windshield from a rock while off road (sliding into trees or misjudging clearance doesn't count).

hogtyed

I don't think that would work well in the wooded trails. :doh: I can see all the sticks & branches sticking out of it now. :stick hiting: Lowcountry style 058.jpg

Top Bottom