Who Got Their iPhone 6?

JAGS

Hooked
Went to the cell store today because I have to switch carriers. I was told by the employee that they were out of iPhone 6s which didn't really bother me. What bothered me is that Apple doesn't have the production necessary to stock their lower end phones (yeah I know, I'm nitpicking), but they send out the most expensive phone in mass quantities to get more people to buy it to make more profit!

Don't know why, just pissed me off

Do you mean 5s? You do realize the 5s was/is the best selling phone this year. It's also a business, if they didn't make money, we wouldn't privileged enough to upgrade to the iPhone 8 in a couple years. 😉. And yes, I'm an apple fan boy for the record. Lol.

sethccole

Do you mean 5s? You do realize the 5s was/is the best selling phone this year. It's also a business, if they didn't make money, we wouldn't privileged enough to upgrade to the iPhone 8 in a couple years. . And yes, I'm an apple fan boy for the record. Lol.

No, just the regular 6...I was trying (and failing) to show plurality. Haha.

JAGS

Hooked
No, just the regular 6...I was trying (and failing) to show plurality. Haha.

Ha ha. Well, according to the investor report today, demand is still off the chain for the new phones. And they are launching in more countries every day. So waits continue to be about what they were at launch here in the US. 3-5 weeks. I can share that IMO, it's worth the wait!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I think I may have decided to just keep my 4s. It still makes calls, texts, and grabs emails. The rest is pretty much just fluff that I'm not convinced is worth the extra $300.

shadow21

I think I may have decided to just keep my 4s. It still makes calls, texts, and grabs emails. The rest is pretty much just fluff that I'm not convinced is worth the extra $300.

Well the slow-mo, photo editing, camera are worth it if you enjoy taking pictures. My iPhone is almost as good as my Nikon for up close photos. Not to mention having Keynote, numbers, pages is a big plus.

JAGS

Hooked

$100 if you turn in your 4s with verizon. 😉 I went from my 4 to the 6. Got $200 back for my 4. Went with the 64G and was totally worth it just in the speed updates. Not to mention all the other iOS 8 app improvements coming over time.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

If you upgrade on time, you can recoup most of your money back. When I got my 5S, I sold my 4S to some dude in Europe for $300.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

False...I've had the 5, 5s, and 6+....every one has been quite a bit better in terms of performance. It's well worth the price if you ask me...and use it as much as I do. But if you hardly use your phone, probably not worth it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
False...I've had the 5, 5s, and 6+....every one has been quite a bit better in terms of performance. It's well worth the price if you ask me...and use it as much as I do. But if you hardly use your phone, probably not worth it.

Lol. What's false? Like I said, my phone still works. A 6+ doesn't make faster phone calls or text faster. Sure, it'll download email a little faster but if I really need to draft an email or look at one, I'm going to fire up my MB Pro. In my line of work a phone is a consumption device, not a creation device.

JeepFan

Hooked

I want the 6 plus so bad!! Out of stock at every location around my area :naw:

They will continue to be out of stock for some time. Just order one and it will arrive in 3 weeks. 

Samsung Galaxy s5 :thumb: ;)

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Lol. What's false? Like I said, my phone still works. A 6+ doesn't make faster phone calls or text faster. Sure, it'll download email a little faster but if I really need to draft an email or look at one, I'm going to fire up my MB Pro. In my line of work a phone is a consumption device, not a creation device.

Fair enough - not in my line of work. It's a creation device as much as an MBP is.

JAGS

Hooked
Thought I'd give this a little bump. Not sure if a coincidence, if the app was updated or because of a software update??? I updated to the latest iOS 8.1 and am now able to do multi-photo posts again. 8.1 also updates several other functions, most notably the apple pay software, which I've yet to start using. Anyways, just a bump for others as I know a few of us lost the multi-photo feature. Hopefully it now works/will work for others too.

pastorwug

They will continue to be out of stock for some time. Just order one and it will arrive in 3 weeks. 

So, like a knucklehead I ordered an iPhone 6 (64g) from AT&T because our business account is through them and AT&T put me in the endless line of those that had the foresight to either just walk into the Apple store (though they don't like to deal with Business accounts) or the AT&T store. Emails have recently informed me that my previous 6 week wait is now being extended to a healthy 10 week wait. No longer get a preference of color.
I hate AT&T - worst coverage in California, basically nothing around Tahoe, and crappy service.

RockyJk

So, like a knucklehead I ordered an iPhone 6 (64g) from AT&T because our business account is through them and AT&T put me in the endless line of those that had the foresight to either just walk into the Apple store (though they don't like to deal with Business accounts) or the AT&T store. Emails have recently informed me that my previous 6 week wait is now being extended to a healthy 10 week wait. No longer get a preference of color.
I hate AT&T - worst coverage in California, basically nothing around Tahoe, and crappy service.

That's no fun 😨 I got mine in like 3 days through Verizon

JAGS

Hooked

Cancel your order and order through Apple???

- Jason

Top Bottom