HALF TIME - Rugged Ridge JK Half Doors for MOBY

iRonin

First off, the Moby is lookin' pretty slick and I really dig how the black upper tops tie into the NX coloring..

I'm curious if the Bestop element doors were considered ? The pricing seemed pretty modular, basically start with tube doors and you can add an outer shell panel to make it a half, and then uppers as well?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First off, the Moby is lookin' pretty slick and I really dig how the black upper tops tie into the NX coloring..

I'm curious if the Bestop element doors were considered ? The pricing seemed pretty modular, basically start with tube doors and you can add an outer shell panel to make it a half, and then uppers as well?

Yeah, we considered the Bestop doors but liked how the Rugged Ridge ones have a more factory feel. The interior panel is a nice touch and I like how light they are.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Must be a plastic door issue with the stripping, my sfz doors did the same thing but I wasn't even using them lol they just sat.

Glad to finally see a good review on them however.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Not sure. I was just planning on taking off the bolts, cleaning them up and then painting the heads.

I spied some screws like these by Hillman at Lowe's today. Various sizes. Found a pic like them on internet for reference. They were stainless steel and had the same type of head. Just to let you know.

screws.JPG

Vudoo1

WahooO! I'm going to copy you again Eddie. I scored a set of these doors for my JKU with uppers and mirrors for $1k off of Craigslist. While I got a steal on the doors and uppers I only received 2 straps for the doors ad no hardware for the mirrors. Is it worth contacting Rugged Ridge for their straps or is there someone that can make better straps for these doors? Do you know what size hardware I can grab for the mirrors and/or can I grab some screws from the local hardware store? The mirrors are the non-heated mirrors I believe as there are no additional wires to the mirrors.

Thanks,
Alan

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
WahooO! I'm going to copy you again Eddie. I scored a set of these doors for my JKU with uppers and mirrors for $1k off of Craigslist. While I got a steal on the doors and uppers I only received 2 straps for the doors ad no hardware for the mirrors. Is it worth contacting Rugged Ridge for their straps or is there someone that can make better straps for these doors? Do you know what size hardware I can grab for the mirrors and/or can I grab some screws from the local hardware store? The mirrors are the non-heated mirrors I believe as there are no additional wires to the mirrors.

Thanks,
Alan

I believe WAYALIFE has already had problems with them. Check out Star Fabricating, they have some well built door straps. In addition, there are several options at Northridge, Quadratec, etc. Cant wait to see your rig with the half doors! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Vudoo1

I believe WAYALIFE has already had problems with them. Check out Star Fabricating, they have some well built door straps. In addition, there are several options at Northridge, Quadratec, etc. Cant wait to see your rig with the half doors! :thumb:

Thanks man for the advice. I'll check out those suggestions and post some pics once my doors are on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, finally got around to addressing the rusty bolts. Being that I didn't want to take the hinges off, I decided to remove only one bolt from each, paint them, let them dry, reinstall and then do the same with the other half. To help make this work out, I took a cardboard box, cut small holes in it, pushed the bolts in just far enough so that the threads that actually bite into the threads on door are covered and painted away with some semi-gloss frame paint.
IMG_0489.jpg

After installation, here's what they look like now.
IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Good as new and they should stay relatively rust free from here on out :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 378

GCM 2

I noticed that too about the bolts, and even down here in AZ where the only time mine have gotten wet is from washing the jeep, I have still managed to accumulate a little rust. I guess washing my jeep 4 to 9 times a week is going to have something eventually rust ;)

jeep4ever41

Where did you buy yours?

Hi Eddie,

I got the RR doors for my Jeep last summer and I loved them, but it took 3 sets to finally get two doors that were not damaged in some way on arrival. Unfortunately, near the end of summer I wrecked the passenger door by flopping my Jeep on it's side.

Anyhow, I wanted to replace the passenger door for this summer and Omix-Ada was good enough to sell me a single replacement through the vendor. However, once again I found damage on arrival. Omix-ada and the vendor refunded me, but Omix-ada would not provide another single door, so sadly I have to buy a new pair.

So just wondering where you bought your doors and if they came in good shape or had any damage? I just hate having to return them multiple times, to get one good set.

Thanks.

IMG_6730_em.jpg IMG_6736_em.jpg

Last edited:

ljvsnyder

Mopar half doors test fitted, leave them black or paint them?

Attachments

• 1430013677668.jpg
    1430013677668.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 1430013699296.jpg
    1430013699296.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 184
Top Bottom