Token East Coast Guy
WOOOOOH! congrats! :beer:

Woohoo! Can't wait to know that feeling

Well CONGRATULATIONS to you :wings: :thumb:

Congrats! That's awesome man! Debt free life is amazing

That is awesome !! Congrats.

Congrats Ty!

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

Congrats that's a good feeling for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you very much everyone!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Finally got the chance today to use the test procedure WARN sent me. The winch motor still works when I bypassed the control box so it looks like that is the culprit. I'm waiting on a reply from WARN to see how much a new one will run me since I'm well outside of the one year warranty on the control box.

IMG_0380.jpg

Congrats on paying off Stumps Ty can't wait to see what the future for it

Nice!!! Hopefully freed up a bunch of money for Jeep parts (fingers crossed for sooner than 5-7 years)!!!

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38800-Garbage-Truck-(GRBG-TRK)

Definitely congrats on the payoff. That's a huge accomplishment at today's Jeep prices.

Thank you very much fellas. [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got the chance today to use the test procedure WARN sent me. The winch motor still works when I bypassed the control box so it looks like that is the culprit. I'm waiting on a reply from WARN to see how much a new one will run me since I'm well outside of the one year warranty on the control box.

Didn't know you were having problems with your winch. Sounds like you might just have a bad solenoid. I'll be eager to hear what they say and what they can do to help you.

Napalm

"Stumps" - The JK

Also interested as I am running a VR as well.

Hope you get it figured out and WARN is able to help you out with relative ease! Stumps is looking good too!

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Didn't know you were having problems with your winch. Sounds like you might just have a bad solenoid. I'll be eager to hear what they say and what they can do to help you.

I think I only posed about it in the recent PA trip since that's when I was testing it and found it wasn't working. I'll absolutely put up WARN says when they get back to me. [emoji106]

Also interested as I am running a VR as well.

Hope you get it figured out and WARN is able to help you out with relative ease! Stumps is looking good too!

I don't think you have too much to worry about, it worked fine for about four years without any issues. I did overheat it once but it's worked since that. I'll post up what the verdict is when WARN gets back to me.

And thanks! [emoji106]

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
WARN got back to me on Monday and, just as Eddie said above, that I probably have a bad solenoid. I have two options, either order the entire control box, part #92071 or order just the solenoid #72631. I think I might just get the whole new control box, and keep the old one for any good parts like the socket connection and any good solenoids. I haven't made a decision yet though.

Napalm

WARN got back to me on Monday and, just as Eddie said above, that I probably have a bad solenoid. I have two options, either order the entire control box, part #92071 or order just the solenoid #72631. I think I might just get the whole new control box, and keep the old one for any good parts like the socket connection and any good solenoids. I haven't made a decision yet though.

Glad they got back to you and are helping out! Go Warn! What is the pricing like on them if you don't mind me asking ?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I fixed my winch this morning. Fairly easy, as Eddie said once I got started.

I'm glad I ordered two solenoids because I had two that were bad. The first one came apart as I was trying to disconnect it.

IMG_0397.jpg

JeepJeep75

There really isn't much too it as far as electronics goes once you tear into it. Good to see you got it working again. It's a great feeling for sure. [emoji106]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I fixed my winch this morning. Fairly easy, as Eddie said once I got started.

I'm glad I ordered two solenoids because I had two that were bad. The first one came apart as I was trying to disconnect it.

Sucks that they went out already but glad that it was an easy enough fix. Good job :thumb:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
3" EVO Enforcer and Drag link flip installed. [emoji106]

IMG_0480.jpg

I am excited to wheel it at a local club event in a few weeks.

I also found the source of a high pitched squeak that was coming from my front passenger seat. A bolt for the bracket that my compressor is on was loose. [emoji854]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
3" EVO Enforcer and Drag link flip installed. [emoji106]

I am excited to wheel it at a local club event in a few weeks.

I also found the source of a high pitched squeak that was coming from my front passenger seat. A bolt for the bracket that my compressor is on was loose. [emoji854]

That Jeep of yours is looking way too clean :D

Nice job, looks great and I'm glad to hear you found your squeak too. Those are the worst :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom