"Stumps" - The JK

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Finally found my problem with my ARB yesterday. One of the four wires from the power cable to the pig tail/switch cabling had come loose at the connector. Once I secured it the indication LEDs on the switch came back and the pump stopped starting while it was off.

thardy

Banned
Finally found my problem with my ARB yesterday. One of the four wires from the power cable to the pig tail/switch cabling had come loose at the connector. Once I secured it the indication LEDs on the switch came back and the pump stopped starting while it was off.

Glad you got it figured out!

Ddays

Hooked
The radio is more quiet when you disconnect the plug from the rear windshield wiper on a hard top. Not sure why Jeep designed it that way but by adding the jumper it returns to a normal level. There was a thread on it about a year ago and I'll have to find it again.

Looking through your thread today and came across this nugget. I never knew this & couldn't figure what in the hell was up with my radio this Summer. Had my top off over a month (!! in Pa!) and noticed it then. Also I never connected the pigtail when I threw my top back on a couple weeks back. Duh. Thanks!

Jeeps looking awesome! So after having the soft top on since May, are you still getting rid of the hard top?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Looking through your thread today and came across this nugget. I never knew this & couldn't figure what in the hell was up with my radio this Summer. Had my top off over a month (!! in Pa!) and noticed it then. Also I never connected the pigtail when I threw my top back on a couple weeks back. Duh. Thanks!

Jeeps looking awesome! So after having the soft top on since May, are you still getting rid of the hard top?

Lol yes that little jumper makes a noticeable difference.

I'm still undecided on the hardtop. I was going to sell it to help fund a full set of chromoly shafts, but after seeing the recent threads on the Rubicon lockers and that one guy with the tone ring issues from Ten, I think that I'll just keep saving to replace everything with 35 spline ARBs once my lockers go.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well, according the AutoZone I've got a Cylinder 2 misfire. P0302.

The first time they tried to read the code they also said I owned a 2018 School Bus so Im not sure of how accurate that is. [emoji23][emoji24][emoji88]

WJCO

Meme King

The first time they tried to read the code they also said I owned a 2018 School Bus so Im not sure of how accurate that is. [emoji23][emoji24][emoji88]

Under warranty still?

benatc1

Hooked

It came with the 100k power train warranty so it should be. I'm hoping it's something simple like a bum spark plug.

most cylinder 2 misfires equal head replacement on these engines, however I haven't heard of one on a 2014 as i think they fixed the issue- hopefully thats not your issue but at least it'll be under warranty if it is.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Picked up the Jeep yesterday after having the #2 cylinder head replaced. Hopefully I was just unfortunate to have this issue and that the dreaded problem from the 2012-13 models is continuing. I've read that others with this problem could hear a "ticking" when the engine was running and now that I have it back I can definitely say that I had the ticking sound too. Luckily it was covered under warranty.

WJCO

Meme King
Picked up the Jeep yesterday after having the #2 cylinder head replaced. Hopefully I was just unfortunate to have this issue and that the dreaded problem from the 2012-13 models is continuing. I've read that others with this problem could hear a "ticking" when the engine was running and now that I have it back I can definitely say that I had the ticking sound too. Luckily it was covered under warranty.

Good to hear it was covered. Hope it's trouble free from here on.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Glad to hear it was covered. How long did the dealer have it for?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Paid the Jeep off today! :wings:

Now the real mods can start..... In 5-7 years once I save up enough. :crazyeyes::grayno:

Top Bottom