Ebola confirmed in the US. Enjoy your coffee.

Jaydoc1

Mother nature does have a way of keeping the gene pool strong :thinking: Creationist or Evolutionist, does not matter, nature has a way kicking ass like no Army can

As always, truth as only GCM2 can preach it.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I am working in Texas and Dallas is still 300 miles from me so I must be safe. Worst part is i need to get on plane and I am coughing from a cold I had so people may freak out:thinking: Maybe no one will seat next to me so I will have my on row :thumb: Oh, medicine is for rich people:crazyeyes:
I always say take 2 of these :beer::beer: and call me in 5 mins. and if that doesn't work try :honey::honey: allot of this! If then that doesn't work :giveup::crybaby: I know I am :9lame:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Sadly this is the realistic outcome for MOST of those that will contract Ebola whether they are in the US or not. Our "world class heath care system" (to quote the president) notwithstanding.

Lots of docs I've seen on news interviews claimed that Ebola is deadly because of lack of medical care and vital fluids. It seems that even in the best medical system in the world, the ebola is still very deadly.

Jaydoc1

Lots of docs I've seen on news interviews claimed that Ebola is deadly because of lack of medical care and vital fluids. It seems that even in the best medical system in the world, the ebola is still very deadly.

I've often said that patients aren't cured in the ICU, they are kept alive long enough for their own bodies to decide if they want to survive or not. That is very much the case with Ebola at this point. Medical care and fluids are supportive therapy at best. The victim's own immune system has to do the fighting. If you can keep them alive long enough it gives the patient a fighting chance. Obviously being here in the states DOES give one access to the best supportive medicine (ostensibly) in the world. The body still has to be the one to kick the virus' ass.

If you want to really think about this in stark/grim terms then think about the flu drugs like Tamiflu. You must get them into the patient within 24 hours and even then there is no guarantee that they will work. Even when they do they only lessen the symptoms and decrease the time course of the illness. They also help decrease the complications associated with the flu. They do NOT cure the flu. Granted influenza is a sneaky bastard with multiple multiple strains but a virus is a virus. That's why they all have lasted so long. They mutate into something that will let them survive. Ebola makes the flu look like child's play.

No, as with all other viruses, the answer rests with preventative medicine (vaccines) not curative medicine. Our bodies need antibodies to Ebola BEFORE we get it. After its already contracted then it's just a crap shoot.

Lovely thoughts for your afternoon drives home.

Jaydoc1

And I apologize if I appear to be a downer. This just really concerns me.

JKs are awesome! (Trying to keep a little forum relevancy here. )

StrizzyChris

Worry not. I'm sure some altruistic not-for-profit company will have a vaccine out soon. ;)

You are probably right, creating medicines is definitely not for profit.......

Viruses=immunization(temporary protection before a virus mutates)=constant revenue stream for big pharm

Bacteria=kills the problem when used correstly=terrible investment for big pharm due to not using it unless ABSOLUTELY necessary to prevent drug resistant strains

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/hunting-the-nightmare-bacteria/ <- great documentary on big pharm and bacteria for anyone interested

The guy needs kicked in the nuts for not being forward with where he had been.

StrizzyChris

I'm a redneck as well......airboat driving......freshwater fishing........deer and hog hunting.......country music playing........red red red red red redneck

~Woodrow ~

I just got off one this morning! :yup:

1412815502463.jpg

I agree with this, as well. Unfortunately the herd-thinning that might take place with Ebola is going to be fairly indiscriminate. Actually will hit the people we really don't want hit first: Doctors, first responders, nurses, etc...

Additionally, with our high population density and ease of travel in this country, it has the potential to spread quickly over large distances. No tinfoil hat here but everyone does need to keep a close eye on this one. Hopefully it gets contained quickly.

I'm going to be wearing every form of PPE available until this is contained! People lie their asses off to us in the ER thinking that they'll get better care, and if they admit to possible exposure they'll be quarantined until they die

You guys are rednecks? Huh, I always thought you were more of the metrosexual types. :idontknow:

schwulecowboy500_500.jpg

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I saw you had posted a picture of some military truck down in Miami........I posted and asked if you were here in South Florida.......I would've loved to meet a fellow EMS brother got some lunch and have a couple rounds my treat......maybe next time you make it down here we can make it happen........Hope you guys enjoyed your visit.......it's still a bit hot and humid here.....the weatherman said it's going to be like this till this time next year lol......glad to see you back Chris........Cheers:beer:

~Woodrow~

Edit: We received some in training on the Ebola virus over the last few days.......got our PPE kits with everything we will need to stay as protected as possible......even got the blue booties to go over our duty boots......crazy times are ahead got to stay safe.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I agree with this, as well. Unfortunately the herd-thinning that might take place with Ebola is going to be fairly indiscriminate. Actually will hit the people we really don't want hit first: Doctors, first responders, nurses, etc...

Additionally, with our high population density and ease of travel in this country, it has the potential to spread quickly over large distances. No tinfoil hat here but everyone does need to keep a close eye on this one. Hopefully it gets contained quickly.

You can thank our leftist administration and all the entitled sheeple who voted that way for this doozy. They'll spy in every American and shred the Constitution in the name of "national security " but won't secure our borders, will readmit ISIS members into the country and won't stop travel from Ebola infested countries. It's almost like they want a disaster.

Armydog

I personally am not worried about it. it sounds like everything is under control and they are taking the proper steps to make sure it isnt spread.

It always SOUNDS under control until it isn't.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

shadow21

You can thank our leftist administration and all the entitled sheeple who voted that way for this doozy. They'll spy in every American and shred the Constitution in the name of "national security " but won't secure our borders, will readmit ISIS members into the country and won't stop travel from Ebola infested countries. It's almost like they want a disaster.

I like the way you think

Top Bottom