Super Suspension's

linehand08

So I'm in planning mode and am really looking into suspension systems.

OFE DTD.

Genright's Elite Jk.

My questions are if your going to turn a jeep into a buggy which kit would be your choice when you are going to wheel hard but probably never race.

Genrights Kit looks pretty straight forward with not a lot of moving parts and the arms are tucked high and in between the frame with coils mounted straight up and down in traditional style.

OFE's combined kit with high clearance arm's and double throw down front and rear look's unique and from the videos performs well with the exception of the ass trying to go over the front in the video.:eek:

Witch one would you run and why I'm torn between the two both look awesome. I worry about ease of maintenance also since its a HUGE commitment long term reliability.

I don't necessarily follow the pack as a band wagoner I really would like to get to the specifics between the two.

Lets keep it Clean towards both company's please.

trailless

Caught the Bug
The first thing I noticed is that the Evo DTD utilizes a triple bypass coilover while the Genright utilizes one reservoir.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

OFE DTD.

Genright's Elite Jk.

My questions are if your going to turn a jeep into a buggy which kit would be your choice when you are going to wheel hard but probably never race.

Genrights Kit looks pretty straight forward with not a lot of moving parts and the arms are tucked high and in between the frame with coils mounted straight up and down in traditional style.

OFE's combined kit with high clearance arm's and double throw down front and rear look's unique and from the videos performs well with the exception of the ass trying to go over the front in the video.:eek:

Witch one would you run and why I'm torn between the two both look awesome. I worry about ease of maintenance also since its a HUGE commitment long term reliability.

I don't necessarily follow the pack as a band wagoner I really would like to get to the specifics between the two.

You jeep will never be a buggy. If you want a buggy build one, it'll be cheaper.

Ah2014jk

The first thing I noticed is that the Evo DTD utilizes a triple bypass coilover while the Genright utilizes one reservoir.

The EVO uses both a coilover AND an additional triple bypass shock

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cmireles

OFE DTD.

Genright's Elite Jk.

DTD

Evidence to support decision: EVO1

linehand08

DTD

Evidence to support decision: EVO1

Yes The EVO 1 is a awesome!

So is GENRIGHTS TERRAMOTO!

I wish I could just call them both and schedule test rides so I could Decide for myself. But non the less There are to many variable's and so they would have to meet at the same place and stomp the same ground for a side by side comparison. what do you think the odds are of that happening.

linehand08

Anybody correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume that Moby could do 70 across the desert and it is no way shape or form a buggy. Far from it in fact being that it is still street legal. An awesome street legal Jeep at that.

A Jeep is a Jeep, not a car, not a truck, and not a buggy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A98SJg-iuc&sns=em

Those are buggies.

You people are way to serious. and Yes after You cross a line its more Buggy then a jeep LETS take a look 4 link long arm suspension that sounds awful buggy like king shocks awful buggy like oh one ton axles so I can run HUGE tires so I never get stuck that sounds like a buggy if I ever saw one.:shock::shock::shock:

sean.m.adams33

I haven't seen or heard of a lot of people running the Genright. But I've seen and heard a lot of people running the DTD.

You said you wanted to build a jeep to eventually BECOME a buggy. That's why it would be easier to just build a buggy first.

Actually if you watch the JKX for 2013 you will see most of the JK's there blasting through the desert at speeds in excess of 70 mph and not a single one looks like a buggy. As OverlanderJK stated if you want a buggy it would probably be cheaper to build one.

On the EVO DTD it has been tested in the King of Hammers and the Vegas to Reno race. All the suspension parts on EVO1 can be purchased off the shelf and installed on your Jeep. I believe that is the way Mel designed the EVO products.

R/
Will

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
You people are way to serious. and Yes after You cross a line its more Buggy then a jeep LETS take a look 4 link long arm suspension that sounds awful buggy like king shocks awful buggy like oh one ton axles so I can run HUGE tires so I never get stuck that sounds like a buggy if I ever saw one.:shock::shock::shock:

What do you mean by "you people?" Lol, kidding. We aren't supposed to say stuff like that at work and I love it when somebody does just because I like to make them think I was offended by it. I don't let the joke very long though.

Four link suspension, one ton axles, and huge tires don't make it a buggy. I've seen plenty with small motors, small axles and small tires that were built with little money that would embarrass a lot of $100k dollar buggies.

Oops, I said $100k. As long as I don't say I'm good for $100k liquid is that ok? Lol.

BadApple

Yes The EVO 1 is a awesome!

So is GENRIGHTS TERRAMOTO!

I wish I could just call them both and schedule test rides so I could Decide for myself. But non the less There are to many variable's and so they would have to meet at the same place and stomp the same ground for a side by side comparison. what do you think the odds are of that happening.
It could possibly happen but EVO1 would win the race hands down. Its a race Jeep built for the Hammers, more r&d has probably been done on the shocks and COs than Genrights Terramoto is worth! My .02

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If it were me I would go EVO/OFE all the way, which I will eventually do when I can afford too. EVO/OFE stuff works, not saying Genright stuff doesn't. I have some EVO stuff and I like it. I feel like with all of the videos of Wayalife and Mel the EVO/OFE stuff is proven. I probably won't ever come close to doing that stuff but know that if I do then I should be good to go. Also I want to be able to drive my Jeep anywhere I want, wheel it over anything I want and then drive it home. Sure stuff could still break. Hopefully it won't. I also like the EVO lever because the coil overs are ran horizontal and you don't have to cut the tub and essentially loose some storage space. Yet you still have a crap load of useable suspension flex with their set ups.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume that Moby could do 70 across the desert and it is no way shape or form a buggy. Far from it in fact being that it is still street legal. An awesome street legal Jeep at that.

Nope, you're not wrong at all. Moby was built to be as much like EVO 1 as possible only with creature comforts like full doors, AC, heating, power window/locks, windshield wipers, stereo system and a soft top to keep the rain off our heads. As far as 70 goes, we can only do that over speed bumps at the mall (see video below at 1:46)

:D

To the OP, if you really like what you see in the Genright kit, I say do it! I don't know a single person with it other than Tony Pellagrino and I'd love to see what you think of it. :yup:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
To the OP, if you really like what you see in the Genright kit, I say do it! I don't know a single person with it other than Tony Pellagrino and I'd love to see what you think of it. :yup:

Come to think of it, I've never heard of anybody ever buying that "elite" kit either.

Munday

Come to think of it, I've never heard of anybody ever buying that "elite" kit either.

I was recently looking at these options as well ... I was think of giving the Elite kit a try and wanted to set it up with ORI struts ..... In the end I went EVO DTD and high clearance long arm ..... I always wanted this set up and have put way to much $$$ into my current set and only want to do this one more time . Both kits are much better then my current set up but I had to go with my original plan.... I'm dropping the Jeep off to Rick at E-mortal Customs (Calgary) tomorrow and can't wait for it to be installed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Top Bottom