33s vs 35s and general tires

engineman1031

Ok so I'm looking for good opinions on one tires and two the size. I'm lookin at general grabbers and general grabber at2s. I like them both and look like good tires but I'm not sure which. Second 33s or 35s? i know you can fit 33s with no mods. I read on four wheeler magazines site that you can fit 35s with really nothing other than maybe fender trimming. I love the "stuffed" look of a bigger tire on a jk. I plan to get a basic spacer lift but want opinions since I'm getting the tires first (get the big cost mod out of the way).

09 JK rubicon, stock everything

JKsix

Ok so I'm looking for good opinions on one tires and two the size. I'm lookin at general grabbers and general grabber at2s. I like them both and look like good tires but I'm not sure which. Second 33s or 35s? i know you can fit 33s with no mods. I read on four wheeler magazines site that you can fit 35s with really nothing other than maybe fender trimming. I love the "stuffed" look of a bigger tire on a jk. I plan to get a basic spacer lift but want opinions since I'm getting the tires first (get the big cost mod out of the way).

09 JK rubicon, stock everything

I don't have an experience with the AT2s but I ran a set of 35" grabber red letters on my old 08' silverado with a 4" lift and they were both quiet on the road and extremely capable off road.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412441013.273261.jpg

I have a set of 35x12.5x15 grabbers and love em, good both on and off road, snow however is a different story lol than make sure you get em balanced if not they can give a bit of wobble too

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKsix

I have a set of 35x12.5x15 grabbers and love em, good both on and off road, snow however is a different story lol than make sure you get em balanced if not they can give a bit of wobble too

I wanted to run another set of red letters but I found out they don't make them in a 37"

JKsix

Yeah I am going up to 37's next but I am going with trail graplers or toyo MT's not sure yet

I've ran the toyos in the past and they are a great tire for the money IMO. I haven't tried the trail grapplers yet so I'm leaning towards those.

castaway

AT2 Grabbers 33'

I’m running 33's AT2 Grabbers and can’t complain at all with them. I went to rausch creek and aired them down to 12 psi. I was able to keep up with the MT tires and 35's that all other rigs had. Also did some black trails with no issues! They have a 60,000 Mile Tread Life Warranty and from what I understand General Tire is part or sub branch of continental tire. I paid 150 a tire and for the price I have no regrets. Just to let you know I have a 2 inch lift, cut fenders I wish bought 35's because of wheel space but it doesn’t look bad. I can throw some pics up for you just so you have an idea....

brooklyn4x4

My friend is running a set of 33" red letter grabbers and he seems to really like them but I say for size go with 35" if you don't your gonna have tire envy and still want the 35's so get what you want the first time

I have 35" Goodyear wrangler mtr with the teraflex 2.5" budget boost very simple install and I am happy with it for now until until I can afford some serious up grades

My 2 cents

JLSilerJK

My friend is running a set of 33" red letter grabbers and he seems to really like them but I say for size go with 35" if you don't your gonna have tire envy and still want the 35's so get what you want the first time

I have 35" Goodyear wrangler mtr with the teraflex 2.5" budget boost very simple install and I am happy with it for now until until I can afford some serious up grades

My 2 cents

I was mid text to a guy on craigslist. After getting my tires balanced at a well known chain (not discount) I see a huge gash out of the front driver tire. They are used tires that came on the 09 jeep I got at the end of July (not stock wheels though... Winter is coming. He has a set of terra grapplers for 600 with good tread life. They would ony be a bit bigger than what I have now but would look beefy! I do want to join the 35 club though... Is it better to get new tires after a harsh winter or before? I should wait it out and get what I really want though...

Top Bottom