American Sniper

dwvninety

He was a great man. He will be missed. This is where he used to eat lunch after target practice. Rough Creek Lodge.
i-XQ5HRnZ-X3.jpg

Soonerschooner

In this case I completely agree, thanks for the background on this and reference. Not an appropriate comment or use of a Scripture.

Yup! I've never been a big fan of the guy. It says something about a sitting career politician that his own home district voted for the other guy in the preliminaries!

HILLZ

Bought the book the other day, just waiting for it to arrive, first book I've even got myself that I didn't have to get for school and I'm now 34 and haven't been in school for a long time.
I've always been fascinated by the art of the Sniper and Chris Kyle was know here in Australia for his achievements as well, saw him in a bunch of different shows on Discovery and he always came across as a great guy.
His death is a great loss as are the deaths of all that serve to protect theirs and our countries and way of life.
Much respect to all that serve.

also can't wait to see the movie, just hope Brad Cooper does the role justice.

SnailTrail

I cant wait to see this movie. Im not familiar with him but after seeing the previews I have to see it. Plan on reading the book as soon as Im done with the one Im reading now.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I'm not a military fanboy, but this looks like it might be a cool action movie. I haven't heard about the backstory, anyone care to give me the really short version?

Jackal01

I'm not a military fanboy, but this looks like it might be a cool action movie. I haven't heard about the backstory, anyone care to give me the really short version?

Chris Kyle was a Navy SEAL and is known for being the most deadly sniper in American military history with 160 confirmed kills and 250+ unconfirmed/probable kills. :rock:

Jackal01

Chris Kyle was a Navy SEAL and is known for being the most deadly sniper in American military history with 160 confirmed kills out of 250+ unconfirmed/probable kills. :rock:

JKWrang

the short version is: Chris Kyle was a high profile service member in special ops type units. He met with Jesse Ventura one day at a bar, apparently Ventura made some off color comment about service members and Kyle knocked him on his ass.

Ventura later saw this tale recounted in a book Kyle wrote about his time in service and sued Kyle who was later killed in a firearms related incident.

Ventura pursued the lawsuit posthumously to his estate (and therefore his widow) and won, effectively sueing Chris Kyle's wife for an exorbitant amount of money for slander and defamation for things her husband, a deceased man who could no longer defend his case, had written in a book.

If Im not mistaken that's the short version.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
the short version is: Chris Kyle was a high profile service member in special ops type units. He met with Jesse Ventura one day at a bar, apparently Ventura made some off color comment about service members and Kyle knocked him on his ass.

Ventura later saw this tale recounted in a book Kyle wrote about his time in service and sued Kyle who was later killed in a firearms related incident.

Ventura pursued the lawsuit posthumously to his estate (and therefore his widow) and won, effectively sueing Chris Kyle's wife for an exorbitant amount of money for slander and defamation for things her husband, a deceased man who could no longer defend his case, had written in a book.

If Im not mistaken that's the short version.

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow that's nuts. I'm going to have to read more about it.

Soonerschooner

Unfortunately, even the other Team Members who were there don't remember all of what happened because they were blitzed! Because there were no corroborating witness's the Kyles lost. Luckily, his family nor his company (whom the suit technically was against) had to pay a dime to the shiftless, gutless swine of a former governor.

"The Body" claimed his suit was because it did irreparable damage to his standing in the SEAL community and could no longer attend BUD/S gatherings. The thing is Jesse was N E V E R a SEAL. He is a BUD/S graduate but was a UDT frogman, not SEAL. he still claims SEAL even though he never wore a Trident pin.

JAGS

Hooked
The trailers alone have been awesome. Looking forward to seeing this as I haven't read the book.

Top Bottom