Building Bullwinkle

dunstan74

Figured I would start a build thread for my 2013 jku "Bullwinkle".

Thanks to the wayalife videos i was bitten by the jeep bug pretty hard and after alot of hard work I finally had a jeep of my own. Soon after meeting my girlfriend and a few trips together, she had a two door jk aswell. despite a few small mishaps along the way we are loving every minute of jeeping we can get and look forward to alot more memories with our jeeps to come.

My goal for my jk is to build a capable rig to explore everything the bush and outback have to offer as well as challenge myself on more technical trails. I want to keep it simple and effective and this forum has been a great resource for information.
After having my jeep for a bit more than a year I'll recap what I've done so far.

Driveway pic soon after bringing it home.
ForumRunner_20141005_232349.jpg

The first thing I wanted to do was armour for some piece of mind and i knew I could put my faith in EVO to keep my under body safe and rocker pannels straight.

It took 6 months to finally get them but i couldnt be happier with my EVO sliders. I also got the oil pan, trans and cross member skids.
ForumRunner_20141005_232945.jpg

After a few trips on the ground with the dirt, mud and angry insects wrenching off my swaybar links I ordered some JKS disconnects. I still have to get amongst the angry insects and what ever else is on the ground but its much quicker now.

ForumRunner_20141005_233806.jpg

Since the factory headlights are nothing to write home about I installed some truck lites. I have to say they are my favorite mod so far the difference is amazing!

ForumRunner_20141005_234119.jpg

Ive also done a bunch of little things like master craft grab handles, fire extinguisher mounted to the cage and of course jk stickers!

anyway thats it for now next mods will be EVO enforcer, 35" mud grapplers and bumpers followed by the long term plan of a prorock up front, regear/lock the rear end and the little upgrades that fit in between everything else.

Any input or advice on my build would be my appreciated!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141005_233115.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141005_233115.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 208
  • ForumRunner_20141005_234446.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141005_234446.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 212

JKsix

Figured I would start a build thread for my 2013 jku "Bullwinkle".

Thanks to the wayalife videos i was bitten by the jeep bug pretty hard and after alot of hard work I finally had a jeep of my own. Soon after meeting my girlfriend and a few trips together, she had a two door jk aswell. despite a few small mishaps along the way we are loving every minute of jeeping we can get and look forward to alot more memories with our jeeps to come.

My goal for my jk is to build a capable rig to explore everything the bush and outback have to offer as well as challenge myself on more technical trails. I want to keep it simple and effective and this forum has been a great resource for information.
After having my jeep for a bit more than a year I'll recap what I've done so far.

Driveway pic soon after bringing it home.
View attachment 103679

The first thing I wanted to do was armour for some piece of mind and i knew I could put my faith in EVO to keep my under body safe and rocker pannels straight.

It took 6 months to finally get them but i couldnt be happier with my EVO sliders. I also got the oil pan, trans and cross member skids.
View attachment 103680

After a few trips on the ground with the dirt, mud and angry insects wrenching off my swaybar links I ordered some JKS disconnects. I still have to get amongst the angry insects and what ever else is on the ground but its much quicker now.

View attachment 103682

Since the factory headlights are nothing to write home about I installed some truck lites. I have to say they are my favorite mod so far the difference is amazing!

View attachment 103683

Ive also done a bunch of little things like master craft grab handles, fire extinguisher mounted to the cage and of course jk stickers!

anyway thats it for now next mods will be EVO enforcer, 35" mud grapplers and bumpers followed by the long term plan of a prorock up front, regear/lock the rear end and the little upgrades that fit in between everything else.

Any input or advice on my build would be my appreciated!

That is an interesting front bumper.

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Love the name! Looks like you are on the right track here, looking forward to watching it come to life! I'm saving for the enforcer kit as well. In the meantime a $300 Budget Boost got me on 35s to make the early exploring a little more fun! 🍻

dunstan74

Love the name! Looks like you are on the right track here, looking forward to watching it come to life! I'm saving for the enforcer kit as well. In the meantime a $300 Budget Boost got me on 35s to make the early exploring a little more fun! ?df7b

Thanks!! I gave up on naming it when I couldn't think of anything good and then Bullwinkle was kind of thrown around and ended up sticking. I considered doing a budget boost to get on 35s quick but ultimately decided to just wheel stock and work on my driving for awhile. What shocks are you thinking of with your enforcer?

dunstan74

Installed an EVO table recently and have to say its both increadably useful and soild.

Attachments

• 1418872121726.jpg
    1418872121726.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 175

dunstan74

Finally got around to installing my radio I got as a Christmas present, vertex vx 2200 so far I like it nice and simple.

dunstan74

Yeah i broke it at jambo last year i was still getting used to the extra width compared to stock and smashed it against a tree.

Where abouts in aus are you from?

dunstan74

Did you get yours recently? I have mates that have the older version and they take a pounding and just flex not shatter haha

Hows the wheeling in tassie? Im from wollongong area on the south coast.

Ausjeep113

Yeah I've had them on for about six months. I'd say they made the newer ones a bit stiffer. I've seen a lot of older ones that just drop in the middle from the sun.
Yeah it's pretty good mate, heaps of rocks, ruts and hills haha.
Good wheeling there?

Top Bottom