Wave from Chattanooga, Tn area

westwindjoe

First time Jeep owner 2015 Anvil JKUR. Looking forward to learning more about Jeeps and hitting the trails.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Chattanooga!

I'm the black JKUR with a evo stinger and a blue WAYALIFE banner.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

westwindjoe

Trailless, as I said I'm a noob. Any suggestions on beginner trails in the area. I actually live in Jasper, just west of Chatt I know we have trails in the area just not sure what to expect when I get there. I don't want to have to call out rescue on my first trail. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailless

Caught the Bug
The easiest and best kept place would be Prentice cooper state park. I would check to see when they're open as it closes during the winter and for other periods of time for turkey hunting. If the park is open, it has some great views and very easy trails. The only challenging trail there is Haley road and even that trail is easy enough for a stock TJ.

Another place right down the road from prebtice cooper is Big Fork. This place is a mix of public roads and private land. I wouldn't suggest going alone as it gives off a weird vibe. But this place has a mix of everything. It has nice rocks to play on, tight trails, and places where backing out isn't really an option. There's even mud holes that come up to the hood, ask me how I know...

The non free option is Adventure Offroad. Its an offroad park that ranges from that's easy to holy shit, nope not doing that.

Also, swing by Tom's 4x4 superstore. Has some useful stuff and knowledgeable people.

trailless

Caught the Bug
Also, if you ever make it to Big Fork. Imagine that I went by myself the first time and went down some of those trails, when I've never been wheeling before! Talk about pucker factor and being a noob!!

westwindjoe

Thanks trailless, great advice and information. I may need to look into a fab fours with stinger and winch before I try to tackle some of my local areas.

Thanks again :D

hogtyed

Welcome, :standing wave: from SC. The wife & I plan on living in that area in 4 or 5 years. Maybe we will see ya on the trails some day.

westwindjoe

Hogtyed, love this area. Grew up here just never got into the trail riding. More into sports cars but changing gears and slowing down. Gonna try jeeping love my JKUR so far. Hope to see you on the trail.

Redmow

Greetings from Huntsville!:beer:

My first time was last weekend at Wooly's offroad in Tennessee. Off of I65 halfway between Alabama border and Columbia. Thankfully I didn't go it alone. Had an experienced off-roader with me.

Hope to meet ya sometime.

Top Bottom