TX 87..... Beach drive

Techno101

So my wife and I took the Texas Hwy 87 route. It's a 20 Mile stretch of off road beach front. The old highway was destroyed in '89 by a hurricane. You can drive on the beach, in low tide, as we did for most of the way. The drive is on the boundary of a wildlife refuge so there's a service road for a fence line about 100 yards from the beach. There's a marsh between the service road and beach, so you either take the beach or service road I guess. Mild 4 wheelin' but really awesome trail. Mosquitos everywhere but whatever. Sea shells are everywhere as not a lot of people come this way I guess. Did see a few tire tracks but not the whole way. Huge hog tracks down the beach, so much weird thing wash up from the ocean, from old bouys, boat hulls, buckets, coconuts, rope, and lots a trash etc. The ocean was nice though. My only word of advice is, keep your top on if you don't like Mosquitos. Our freedom tops were off as my wife had to ride on the roll bar. Good times! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412617280.759795.jpg

2009 Wrangler X
2.5" Rough Country Lift
RC adjustable track bar
RC Steering Stabilizer

2013CGJKU

Definitely a good time! There's a Jeep and a Suburban along that stretch that have been swallowed up by the ocean.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

JKRich

:like: Very Cool! Thanks for sharing! Sounds like your rig needed a good bath after that one to keep the rust away. I wonder how high the water gets when tide comes in.

Top Bottom