17x9 Wheel with 0mm or -12mm offset?

Rticul8

I will be purchasing some Level 8 Zx wheels from DTD and they offer them in the 2 offsets mentioned above. I believe the 0mm is 5" BS and -12mm is 4.5" backspacing. I will be running the wheels on 285/70/17 m/t on a 2 door jk with 2.5 lift . my question is will the 5" bs on the 17x9 rub on full turn with the 285/70/17? any pics?

I will be purchasing some Level 8 Zx wheels from DTD and they offer them in the 2 offsets mentioned above. I believe the 0mm is 5" BS and -12mm is 4.5" backspacing. I will be running the wheels on 285/70/17 m/t on a 2 door jk with 2.5 lift . my question is will the 5" bs on the 17x9 rub on full turn with the 285/70/17? any pics?

I would go with the 4.5" of backspacing. factory tires have 6.25 inches of backspacing and require spacers to keep from rubbing. 5" will not give you enough.

R/
Will

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
as mentioned by canvas i would go with the 4.5" bs wheels. this will allow for more clearance especially if you upgrade tire size in the future and what to keep your wheels.

JAGS

Hooked
I would go with the 4.5" of backspacing. factory tires have 6.25 inches of backspacing and require spacers to keep from rubbing. 5" will not give you enough.

R/
Will

as mentioned by canvas i would go with the 4.5" bs wheels. this will allow for more clearance especially if you upgrade tire size in the future and what to keep your wheels.

X3. Go with the 4.5. I have these wheels on ENVY and that's what I went with.

Also note that they use the offset measures and not BS measures. DT had a conversion chart in a thread somewhere as the two are not exactly apples/apples. With the -12 offset running 37" trail graps, I was rubbing the rear sway bar links ends on the tires. Added a spacer and problem solved.

If you like the look of the wheel, then you'll love em. I really like the ring guard feature, which is unique to any other on the market. Also like the recessed valve stem, which not all offroad wheels have. DTD pricing also made these a great deal as I couldn't afford slabs along with all my other build needs. :twocents:

Rticul8

X3. Go with the 4.5. I have these wheels on ENVY and that's what I went with.

Also note that they use the offset measures and not BS measures. DT had a conversion chart in a thread somewhere as the two are not exactly apples/apples. With the -12 offset running 37" trail graps, I was rubbing the rear sway bar links ends on the tires. Added a spacer and problem solved.

If you like the look of the wheel, then you'll love em. I really like the ring guard feature, which is unique to any other on the market. Also like the recessed valve stem, which not all offroad wheels have. DTD pricing also made these a great deal as I couldn't afford slabs along with all my other build needs. :twocents:

Thanks for the advice..This is the look I'm going for but with the optional ring painted to match. So you think these are 4.5 BS??? IMG_0086-1.jpg

Top Bottom