33x12.5x17 on stock tire carrier

engineman1031

So I know I should have thought this through a little more and it's probably redundant but will a 33x12.50x17 on the stock rubicon wheels fit the stock jk tire carrier? I've heard yea and no

CONative

Have that size of tire on my stock carrier, works fine. You might end up trimming the tire bump stops down - or not, I have not and works great.

Remember the tires are much heavier than stock and you are likely to eventually end up with more wear on hinges, etc.

Have that size of tire on my stock carrier, works fine. You might end up trimming the tire bump stops down - or not, I have not and works great.

Remember the tires are much heavier than stock and you are likely to eventually end up with more wear on hinges, etc.

x2.

10 char

EVOLANDER is running 37 Nitto Trail Grapplers on ATX Slabs which are mounted on the stock tire carrier and has been on JKX's.

So a 33x12.5x17 will fit. I would recommend getting the Daystar bumpstops for the rear gate.

R/
Will

EVOLANDER is running 37 Nitto Trail Grapplers on ATX Slabs which are mounted on the stock tire carrier and has been on JKX's.

So a 33x12.5x17 will fit. I would recommend getting the Daystar bumpstops for the rear gate.

R/
Will

He states in the original post he is running this on the original Rubi wheels so the Daystar bumpstops are not needed with that wheel backspacing.

He states in the original post he is running this on the original Rubi wheels so the Daystar bumpstops are not needed with that wheel backspacing.

True not needed but the stock bumpers may not support the additional weight and width of the tire. I was merely recommending running the Daystar Bumpstops. I personally have the LoD rear bumper with the Gen II tire carrier.

R/
Will

True not needed but the stock bumpers may not support the additional weight and width of the tire. I was merely recommending running the Daystar Bumpstops. I personally have the LoD rear bumper with the Gen II tire carrier.

R/
Will

The stock bumper does not suppor the weight of the tire.

I'm guessing you meant the stock stops. Those don't support weight either. Yes the tire is wider but the stock stops will compress down or can be trimmed down as needed.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
So will it fit without a spacer or relocation bracket needed to space the rim off of the stock carrier? I'm thinking of a 35x12.50 or a 37x12.50 on factory rims sometime soon and was thinking I would need a wheel spacer or a relocation bracket between the stock rim and the stock spare bracket. I will not be running a rear bumper and running EVO rear d ring mounts and EVO rear bumper facia. I can and probably will cut the 3rd brake light off and do a relocate onto the spare and eventually get an EVO carrier.

KJ_CJtoJK

So will it fit without a spacer or relocation bracket needed to space the rim off of the stock carrier? I'm thinking of a 35x12.50 or a 37x12.50 on factory rims sometime soon and was thinking I would need a wheel spacer or a relocation bracket between the stock rim and the stock spare bracket. I will not be running a rear bumper and running EVO rear d ring mounts and EVO rear bumper facia. I can and probably will cut the 3rd brake light off and do a relocate onto the spare and eventually get an EVO carrier.

You need a minimum 1.25" wheel spacer and the longer daystar bump stops when you run 35" tires on stock wheels and keep the stock 3rd brake light. The 35" tire does not quite fit under the light (just fractions of an inch too tall to tuck under) and needs to be spaced out. My experience is based on the 315x70Rx17 Goodyear Duratrac's.

Top Bottom