Evo corners and tire carrier paint ?

BrandonDetrick

Oh lucky! Any clue how much a powder coating would cost to have some do it ? I don't like the idea of just spraying them with a rattle caN

leaky10

I rattle canned mine and have had no problems yet. Just make sure to take your time when preping and use a good quality primer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh lucky! Any clue how much a powder coating would cost to have some do it ? I don't like the idea of just spraying them with a rattle caN

off the top of my head, for something as big as these, i'm not sure. i know that evo powder coats a lot of stuff and they just gang ran ours with another order so our price was a lot cheaper. i can try to find out for you what it would normally be but, it might be different where you're at.

I rattle canned mine and have had no problems yet. Just make sure to take your time when preping and use a good quality primer.

if that's all i had available to me, i wouldn't loose any sleep doing it too. prep is everything and painting in a controlled environment (like a ventilated garage) makes a world of difference.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I've decided that for things that have a chance of getting banged up, you might as well save up front costs and rattle can it. You're going to end up doing that to parts of it anyway.

GCM 2

Can you paint over a powder coat?

Like Wayolife, I practically own the rights to the patent of "re-powder coating" powder coated surfaces while still attached to the body, or the tires, or the frame, or the axles...... I should buy stock in Rustoleum "Satin Black" spray paint. Duracoat Truckbed liner in a spray can is nice too, adds a rough textured finish with a certain patina that says "I'm not a pro, but I care".

BrandonDetrick

Ill prob rattle can my corner with the paint match color cuz they won't ever touch anything. I just have the problem of rocks off the road getting Thrown at that panel from my tires

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
IF your going to get it powder coated go with a semi satin black. That way when you do need to touch it up with spray paint it will match perfect

Top Bottom