Toyo Open Country R/T

JKsix

I have been looking into which tires to go with when I get a JK and start my build. I really like the way the R/Ts look and I am curious how they will perform off road. As far as I can tell Toyo is only going to produce a 37x12.50r20 and I am wondering if wheeling with a wheel that big (20") is a good choice or not? My original plan was to run a set of 17" method 105 beadlocks and I still might go that route with a set of Toyo M/Ts or Nitto trail grapplers. Should I run the R/Ts with the 20s or stick to 17s and the other two tire options? Thanks for your help

Trevor

Trevor,

Look at the Nittor Terra Grappler as and alternative to the Toyo R/T's. You might find they are very simialr. In fact Toyo is the parent company for Nitto.

R/
Will

JKsix

Trevor,

Look at the Nittor Terra Grappler as and alternative to the Toyo R/T's. You might find they are very simialr. In fact Toyo is the parent company for Nitto.

R/
Will

Basically I'm wondering if anyone is running 20" wheels off road and if it's a good idea? Seems like a lot of wheel to have on a vehicle I will be taking off-road. But if the common thought is it isn't a big deal to run 20s I would like to run the R/Ts.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone is running 20" wheels off road and if it's a good idea? Seems like a lot of wheel to have on a vehicle I will be taking off-road. But if the common thought is it isn't a big deal to run 20s I would like to run the R/Ts.

Eddie used to have 20's on Moby before he went with the PR-80.

Mis-understood what you were asking. My apologies.
R/
Will

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

with running 37's i would stick with 17's. this will allow you to have more sidewall flex on the trail to grab onto rocks and such better

JKsix

Eddie used to have 20's on Moby before he went with the PR-80.

Mis-understood what you were asking. My apologies.
R/
Will

No worries I re-read what I originally typed and it is a bit confusing. So running 20s isn't a big deal?

No worries I re-read what I originally typed and it is a bit confusing. So running 20s isn't a big deal?

Not that I am aware of. Maybe Eddie will chime in on his thoughts.

I thought you were looking for a replacement to the R/T. I cannot wait to see what the EXO Grappler looks like in person. That might be the next tire for my Ram 2500.:yup:

R/
Will

JKsix

Not that I am aware of. Maybe Eddie will chime in on his thoughts.

I thought you were looking for a replacement to the R/T. I cannot wait to see what the EXO Grappler looks like in person. That might be the next tire for my Ram 2500.:yup:

R/
Will

They look really similar to the RT from Toyo but that is understandable since Toyo owns Nitto. My guess is that both tires are going to be great.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
As far as I can tell Toyo is only going to produce a 37x12.50r20 and I am wondering if wheeling with a wheel that big (20") is a good choice or not? My original plan was to run a set of 17" method 105 beadlocks and I still might go that route with a set of Toyo M/Ts or Nitto trail grapplers.

Trevor

Toyo initially launched the 37" in a 20" wheel size. They've already confirmed that other sizes will be released. If you're patient, a 17" size will likely be released in the next few months.

jkfern27

I had 20s before I went back to 17s and I like the 17s better. Like stated above with 20s you don't have that much sidewall which makes offroading really rough unless your running 40 inch tires with the 20 inch rim. Don't get me wrong though because 20s look really nice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom