Jeep JK Wrangler Grade 8 Replacement Bolts - Do I Really Need Them?

JeepFan

Hooked
I don't know about some of you guys but I go out of my way to collect the factory nuts and bolts others throw away. :yup::crazyeyes:
With proper maintenance and regularly checking the torque, you can't beat the factory fasteners. :thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I don't know about some of you guys but I go out of my way to collect the factory nuts and bolts others throw away. :yup::crazyeyes:
With proper maintenance and regularly checking the torque, you can't beat the factory fasteners. :thumb:

Agreed. I also save all of the extra hardware that comes with aftermarket stuff.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Would the grade 8 package through a vendor be worthwhile to purchase to have in the jeep as spare parts in the "event" something happened while on the trail? Sure you could either go back to the factory and order all the bolts or even go to your hardware store and buy them once you figure out which ones you need. Or.....you could make one phone call or a couple of mouse clicks and have them coming. Not saying they are needed just wondering if they would be handy to have in case. I personally haven't heard or seen any of those fail. Just like to be prepared as much as possible. Or is it a complete waste of time and money even for that?

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
northridge

How ironic that this post exists, and that one of the supporters of the forum is Northridge who sells a Grade 8 kit "upgraded with two m14 bolts for the 12+ JK(U) front track bar"........:yup:

for us in Europe metric is the way to go......a JK is easy to wrench 100% in metric, why change?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How ironic that this post exists, and that one of the supporters of the forum is Northridge who sells a Grade 8 kit "upgraded with two m14 bolts for the 12+ JK(U) front track bar"........:yup:

for us in Europe metric is the way to go......a JK is easy to wrench 100% in metric, why change?

Nothing ironic about it - I just like to tell it like it is. Likewise, our supporting vendors simply sell what people want to buy. People can decide for themselves what they want to do with their money :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Northridge is a business. They sell stuff to make money. Dumbasses buy the grade 8 bolt kit which makes them money. How is that ironic?

Wardell

Europe? There are only three countries left in the world that haven't caught on to the metric system yet: Burma, Liberia, and the US... :p

srosario

Ok so I broke the rear track bolt that the vehicle had, do I replace it with a stock one or just buy the aftermarket one?

Attachments

• 1422990872347.jpg
    1422990872347.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 399
Top Bottom