Denver, CO Mile High Meetup Thread

GraniteCrystal

Here is a list to start with. All easy to moderate trails with great scenery that aren't too far away. Anybody know if any of them are open right now?

Attachments

• 1462552472646.jpg
    1462552472646.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 51

COLOJK

Here is a list to start with. All easy to moderate trails with great scenery that aren't too far away. Anybody know if any of them are open right now?

I have run Chinns lake a few times in the past 2 years, not difficult at all but it is gorgeous at the top. I have no idea if there would be snow but I would guess there probably is since the trail is pretty shades in spots.

COLOJK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462553243.842205.jpg
We got to the top and then hiked up pretty high to look down onto the lakes. The jeeps are parked all the way down on the damn separating the lakes.

boardsurfer

Gotta be something low altitude unless we're talking a month out. I love Chinns but there's no way it is ready yet. Chinaman gulch sounds good but it's a 2+ hour drive. Slaughterhouse?

d-nought

Here are a couple that I have run before, but they are both up there in elevation, so maybe still snowed in.

Argentine Pass
Kingston Peak

A new one for me that I want to run is,

Red Cone

Turns out all of these are high ;)

d-nought

Gotta be something low altitude unless we're talking a month out. I love Chinns but there's no way it is ready yet. Chinaman gulch sounds good but it's a 2+ hour drive. Slaughterhouse?

I've herd a couple of people that have run Slaughterhouse already this year. I thought Doug (Slimebones) said that he did maybe we can get a tail report :yup:

d-nought

What about these? They are 2s and 3s on elevation instead of 4s and 5s

Hall Valley and Saxon Mountain look interesting. I'm seeing mixed reviews about Saxon Mountain about a potentially impassible side (depending on which site you look at) about halfway up. Here a picture from some one on 6/18/2014 http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1219385&d=1403152752 It may be passable now, but I wouldn't want to get a train of jeeps upto it and then figure out we needed to turn around or back down, doesnt look to be a whole bunch of space on that road ;) There are some other reports that you can go up and over it, but that's probably more exposure than most would want to deal with, its a long way back down to George town.

GraniteCrystal

Hall Valley and Saxon Mountain look interesting. I'm seeing mixed reviews about Saxon Mountain about a potentially impassible side (depending on which site you look at) about halfway up. Here a picture from some one on 6/18/2014. It may be passable now, but I wouldn't want to get a train of jeeps upto it and then figure out we needed to turn around or back down, doesnt look to be a whole bunch of space on that road ;) There are some other reports that you can go up and over it, but that's probably more exposure than most would want to deal with, its a long way back down to George town.

Here's the pic so you don't have to link to outside forums

Attachments

• 1462562595665.jpg
    1462562595665.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 66

Slimebones

I've herd a couple of people that have run Slaughterhouse already this year. I thought Doug (Slimebones) said that he did maybe we can get a tail report :yup:

Yes I ran Slaughterhouse one month ago. Was clear then, but a lot of snow has dumped since then. Just could not say about now. It is not a difficult trail, so it probably would be fun even if there is a little "mud". Only one real obstacle on trail, and it has a bypass. Some nice tight spots through the trees. No jagged sharp rocks to cut tires. Fun trail.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I think Slaughterhouse is a good suggestion - I'm trying to find a date on my calendar now - will try to post something up soon.

d-nought

I think Slaughterhouse is a good suggestion - I'm trying to find a date on my calendar now - will try to post something up soon.

My I request an avoidance of June 4th? The Wife and I are planning on driving up to Grand Junction and attending the Rocky Mountain Offroad Expo for the day. http://www.gmjc.org/#!offroad-expo/c1mr

If anyone is interested you are welcome to join us, either to meet up there, or Jeep train from the Denver Area. No real plans around any of that yet, but if people are interested I'm sure we can sort something out.

GraniteCrystal

My I request an avoidance of June 4th? The Wife and I are planning on driving up to Grand Junction and attending the Rocky Mountain Offroad Expo for the day. http://www.gmjc.org/#!offroad-expo/c1mr

If anyone is interested you are welcome to join us, either to meet up there, or Jeep train from the Denver Area. No real plans around any of that yet, but if people are interested I'm sure we can sort something out.

Looks awesome but dang that's a drive. Almost 4 hours.

Slimebones

,Would like to join you d-dought. Sounds like a good overnighter because of that distance. Unfortunately, I will be working on Sundays every Sunday all summer, starting in June. Have to limit my wheelin to Saturdays. Somewhat shorter trips.

acamp75

I am ready for whatever. Just throw up a date and the wife and I should be able to make it. Slaughter house looks good. Saxon and hall do too. By the way it was awesome to meet everyone at the meet up. Look forward to the next one.

Top Bottom