How many disc golfers are out there?

Knuckles76

I've only been playing for two seasons and completely addicted. I threw my first hole in one at the beginning of this spring.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Knuckles76

Yes its a Frisbee but with different weight discs.. very good time with beer. Oh and a couple friends

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Yes its a Frisbee but with different weight discs.. very good time with beer. Oh and a couple friends

Hmmmm. I think I have seen some parks before in Nebraska. Are they...my best description...kinda like a chain/basket that you throw the frisbee in?

JLSilerJK

OP I use to play daily, havent for a bit but just found some older discs. Congrats on the ace! There is a course here in hinsdale I've been wanting to try. The sickest I've played is the 24 holer in Joliet (the cliffs I think?) Wat course did you get the hole in one on?

Knuckles76

Douglas park in Springfield on hole six, it's a blind hole so it was all luck but only person I know that's had one. Haven't played in Joliet, we normally play at UIS ,Douglas or Lincoln park. But now that I know there's a 24 hole course I'm going to have to head to Joliet. Not sure there's many days left this season but we may have to meet up and play, if your down with it.

speed3d

Illinois discin'

Douglas park in Springfield on hole six, it's a blind hole so it was all luck but only person I know that's had one. Haven't played in Joliet, we normally play at UIS ,Douglas or Lincoln park. But now that I know there's a 24 hole course I'm going to have to head to Joliet. Not sure there's many days left this season but we may have to meet up and play, if your down with it.

I don't have a whole lot good to say about Illinois, but it is a great area for disc golf- if you're willing to travel a couple hours, you can play different courses all the time. The Quad-city area is one of the best I've played in the country- they have better than a dozen courses, a very active disc golf community( well maintained & challenging courses), and a cool little disc golf shop called Iron Lion disc golf supply(check their website or Facebook page). The only other places I've been with that quality & quantity of courses are Kansas City, & Bowling Green Kentucky. Another great day trip for you would be Lemon Lake in Indiana- just across the border from Illinois. Go on the PDGA website & they have every disc golf course in the world listed with maps and details. I am in the Rockford IL area & there are several courses in this area, also, with(imho) Anna Page park being the premier w/3 18 hole courses. Another must play in Illinois is The Oaks in Mokena- a great couple courses with great shot variety & multiple tee-pad placements so you can play the same course, but it will seem totally different.

spicoli

Used to play often. Don't play too much anymore - couple times a year now. Sadly there is a killer course walking distance from my house I moved into in June and still haven't played it yet.

Played just about every week this summer and fall. The snow here in CO put a stop to that tho:( tons of great courses in Boulder County if you're ever out here! There's even a challenge that involves playing every course in Boulder County in one day lol I might have to try it in the spring.

Top Bottom