35" tire question

rox-n-mud

Have a '12 Rubi with 1.75" leveling kit 1.5" spacers and trimmed fenders. Stock Rubi wheels. Can I put on 35's or 315/70r17's. I do light to moderate wheeling with flex.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413770649.083928.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yes with slightly longer bump stops to prevent rubbing you can. You will also need wheel spacers

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
We're all here to help 👍
And that's the way it should be, best forum I've found, and wouldn't be a part of any other ✌️

rox-n-mud

I REALLY love the Rubi stock BFG KM's. Can't seem to find them in 35's or 315's. Just 255. Anyone know why? Anyone seen otherwise?

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I REALLY love the Rubi stock BFG KM's. Can't seem to find them in 35's or 315's. Just 255. Anyone know why? Anyone seen otherwise?

The factory BFG is made for jeep as a specific tire for the rubicon models it's only available in the one size. You would have to go to a BFG KM2 if you wanted a larger size. However I would skip the BFG and run a nitto trail grappler if you like the m/t I run these on my daily driver and am ver happy with them.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...earchForm&rd=17&cs=35&sortBy=prca&exposed=brd

pvanweelden

Been running that way for almost a year
1413854459058.jpg
Add 1.5" bumpstops to the rear. And don't be surprised if you turtle every once in a while :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

t8er

you basically high center or slid over obstacles on your skid plates. Larger lifts help with break over angles which reduce the likelihood of doing that.

JLSilerJK

Yes with slightly longer bump stops to prevent rubbing you can. You will also need wheel spacers

There are so many 35 threads I hope you dont mind a quick hijack-

On my used Jeep, new to me, I measured 21 inches from the "how much lift do I actually have" section on the JK newbie page. I'm thinking that means I have 2.5 inches of lift. I believe the lift comes from rubi unlimited springs and shocks on my 2 dr x (something a previous owner did). I have felt around the top of the coils and I dont think there are any extra polyurethane pucks up there- could I get more lift if I added the budget boost with current springs and shocks?

I would also get 1.5 inch wheel spacers and trim the pinch seams in the rear. Would a stubby bumper be nessessary and would I have to trim the fenders?

I also noticed the passenger front bump stop is cracking and is very loose while the driver side is snug. Wondering if its just worn or if something that holds the bump stop is broken.
phew!
thanks, jim

AlexwBlkJK

ok... so.. if I get 315/70r17 and can get them mounted on my stock wheels...(my JEEP build sheet says they are 7.5)
I Will need spacers, trim fenders and pinch seam....
Can I run in my stock fenders, wheels till I can cut the flairs and seam? how bad will they rub just running around the streets till I get a chance to cut everything and put spacers on??

Top Bottom