Rear backup lights and camera

JKU EXTREME

Okay, so many Wayalifers have rear backup lights mounted on the frame. My question is where did you route the wires for the lights? Also, where would y'all mount a backup camera?

Thanks

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I typically put the wires in plastic split loom and follow the frame to the engine bay. Just make sure to stay away from things that get hot and things that move.

If you are using a three position switch so the lights can come on automatically when you are in reverse, you will also need to tap the OEM reverse lights.

Yeep

I typically put the wires in plastic split loom and follow the frame to the engine bay. Just make sure to stay away from things that get hot and things that move.

If you are using a three position switch so the lights can come on automatically when you are in reverse, you will also need to tap the OEM reverse lights.

This is what I did too for my lights.

I mounted a small alpine rear view camera on top of the hitch that's in my ace bumper... Ran those wires through the bumper, into the floor plug grommet near the jack.... Then ran that to the front under the carpet to a lockpick

liljohn850

I removed the bulbs bc the stock relays didnt like the LEDs. But I ran a switch so I could turn them on when I wanted, and even only used the stock reverse lights to trigger the relay. and my camera was in the hitch. bought a cheap hitch plug ordeal from orlieyes, smoothed it with a razor blade.

LeighP

Two external 5 LED floods for rear lighting....the wiring through the chassis, they're switched on by a rocker on the dash. No auto "on" switching, though.

Top Bottom