2015 New Rubicon Unlimited build suggestions

Mickeyduke

Just had purchased the jeep and was looking for suggestions on 2.5 inch lift, bumpers, winch. Was thinking about the rubicon express lift, zeon warn winch but undecided on bumpers. Would like to have usa made stuff if possible, thank you for any suggestions.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if made in the USA matters, you may want to reconsider Rubicon Express as a choice in lifts. Now that they are owned by 4WheelParts, I'm pretty sure most of their stuff is made in China like all their other stuff. Of course, when it comes to budget boosts, there really aren't too many made in the USA options. In reality, most any budget boost out there will get you what you're looking for and without any issues. Needless to say, it's hard to go wrong with any of them.

Regarding bumpers, LoD is made in the USA and are a supporter of ours. I have personally run their bumpers and found them to be quality products and ones I would highly recommend. EVO is also a supporter of ours and makes everything in the USA as well and I would recommend them as well. There are other great options out there and if you have something in mind, I'm sure I or others can chime in as to what we think about them.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm a big fan of made in America. I chose evo because of this. Great products that are well built. LoD is another great company that has great looking bumpers and sliders.
As for winches, I went with warn.

KingCopperhead

Definitely give evo a look for suspension. They're priced comparably to Rubicon express, and while I don't own their suspension, I do have several of their products on my rig and the quality is great. (rock sliders, control arm skids, rocker skins, c gussets) Also keep in mind that if you order your parts through northridge4x4, they give us a 10% discount and free shipping for being wayalife members.

As for bumpers, I run a poison spyder front bumper (brawler lite) and it is beautiful. Also made in America. (FTW) I have also seen the evo 1/4 pounder front bumper with stinger on a friend's rig and if I didn't run my brawler that's the bumper I would have. Again, very well made product straight out of the USA.

Good luck with your build.

Mickeyduke

Thanks for the advise, Lod and Ace have some nice looking stuff. As for the lift what do y'all think of Rock Krawler lifts? Northridge4x4 looks like the place to be, kinda don't want to deal with 4wheelparts to do the build but might not have much of a choice.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Thanks for the advise, Lod and Ace have some nice looking stuff. As for the lift what do y'all think of Rock Krawler lifts? Northridge4x4 looks like the place to be, kinda don't want to deal with 4wheelparts to do the build but might not have much of a choice.

What rk kit are you looking at and what is attracting them to you?
I have had nothing but good experiences with Northridge.

Mickeyduke

Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Stock Mod System Kit - RKJK25SM-KIT
was the one I just started looking at, don't really know to much about them. Price seemed good and lifetime warranty, trying to keep the lift part under 1000.

Top Bottom