Watcha Cookin' - TRAIL EDITION

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Ok guys, given the success of the other thread, I figured this one can help people out, and give some great ideas for some good eatin....but out on the trail....post your pics for your offroad creations!!!

I don't have many pics, but will continue to post as I go out more and wheel more!

Ribeyes with some toasted rolls and coleslaw....

IMG_8778_zps003f72f3.jpg

IMG_2687_zps24679733.jpg

I also realized that some canned food would make offroad food actually far more interesting, so I am going to start packing lots of various cans in my food pack.

Post away!!!

First night at Buck Island (Rubicon) and first use of my new EVO tail gate table. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413867849.805977.jpg Pan seared Montreal Steak, Sweet corn (frozen, not canned), Garlic Mashed Potatoes.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Damn, those tacos look awesome. Question, do you cook the meat on the trail or you have it precooked and just warm it up on the stove? Living back east, if I go out west for wheelin (say Moab) I have to buy all my stuff raw when I get to my destination, and cook it on site, so things like braised beef isn't something I can cook with a good outcome. I do try to prep ahead, like marinade in ziplock bags and such, but again, I do it all in the supermarket parking lot when I arrive.

Top Bottom