Ouch: Took One for the Team

Rccrwlr

Read the comments under the Rugged Radios post. Mel comments that it's a Dynatrac PR44. Crazy hard hit! Did you see the rear crossmember?

--rccrwlr.

GCM 2

That is about how he drives it every time :doh:. During King of the Hammers, which is a much, much longer race, we are pretty beat to hell on Thursday's race from riding in EVOTJ. Then on the next day when we race EVO1 in the unlimited class race, its actually quite refreshing to ride in that race car with better seats and lots more suspension travel ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That is about how he drives it every time :doh:. During King of the Hammers, which is a much, much longer race, we are pretty beat to hell on Thursday's race from riding in EVOTJ. Then on the next day when we race EVO1 in the unlimited class race, its actually quite refreshing to ride in that race car with better seats and lots more suspension travel ;)

The TJ just looks so fun to drive though. :thumb: and that video proves it.

GCM 2

....Did you see the rear crossmember?

--rccrwlr.

In the 2014 KOH stock class race, right before this picture was taken, we were using that same crossmember as the hi-lift jack point. That was the start of its "unique" look and aerodynamic shape :icon_crazy: You can see we were forced to use the ATX Slabs beadlock wheel as the new jack point....

IMG_1474.jpg

Recurve

In the 2014 KOH stock class race, right before this picture was taken, we were using that same crossmember as the hi-lift jack point. That was the start of its "unique" look and aerodynamic shape :icon_crazy: You can see we were forced to use the ATX Slabs beadlock wheel as the new jack point....

View attachment 106328

wow you guys look pretty hung up there. How long did it take you to get off those rocks?

GCM 2

wow you guys look pretty hung up there. How long did it take you to get off those rocks?

It was an eternity.... I truly don't know how long we were stuck, I think OverlanderJK (moderator here) might know, he was spectating right next to us during that whole rock stacking and hi-lift jacking event. Oh yeah, we also had no reverse gear so that is kind why we were in the predicament we were in :doh:

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It was an eternity.... I truly don't know how long we were stuck, I think OverlanderJK (moderator here) might know, he was spectating right next to us during that whole rock stacking and hi-lift jacking event. Oh yeah, we also had no reverse gear so that is kind why we were in the predicament we were in :doh:

Maybe a half hour or so. You guys worked pretty quick.

Jeeper Jr.

Read the comments under the Rugged Radios post. Mel comments that it's a Dynatrac PR44. Crazy hard hit! Did you see the rear crossmember?

--rccrwlr.

It didn't say when I found the post. I'm pretty impressed that the axle took the hit. Makes me wonder how people break PR44s and PR60s.

GCM 2

It didn't say when I found the post. I'm pretty impressed that the axle took the hit. Makes me wonder how people break PR44s and PR60s.

Those axles get completely torn down after ever race and inspected. Anything can be broken, but it's a lot less likely to happen out on the trail or race course if your equipment is throughly inspected with this level of care.

Recurve

Those axles get completely torn down after ever race and inspected. Anything can be broken, but it's a lot less likely to happen out on the trail or race course if your equipment is throughly inspected with this level of care.

lol, one more question. When you guys head butted that huge rock with the front axel... It looked painful. Im not talking about the front axel, Im talking about you guys. Did it feel like you were hitting a brick wall? Ughh, my teeth hurt just watching that video.

Top Bottom