1st Annual Calhoun County Career Technical Center Fall Festival & Car Show!! 11/15/14

FrankenJeeper

1st Annual Calhoun County Career Technical Center Fall Festival & Car Show!! 11/15/14

Fall Festival and Car Show

WHY
I am a precision machining teacher at Calhoun County Career Technical Center in Jacksonville, Alabama. We are hosting our very first Fall Festival and Car Show to help raise money for equipment, materials, and tooling for our programs.

WHEN & WHERE
The Festival and Car Show will be on Saturday, November 15th, at Calhoun County Career Technical Center in Jacksonville, Al.

The address for the school is 1200 Church Ave SE Jacksonville, Al 36265.

The Festival and Car Show will begin approximately at 9:00 a.m. and end promptly at 2:00 p.m.

BRING YOUR JEEP
The car show will have a special off-road vehicle division. There will be plaques awarded to grand prize winners in each division of the car show. There will also be door prizes for those entered into the car show. All grand prizes and door prizes are donated by local industry in our area.

HOW MUCH
Entry fee per vehicle into the car show will be $20, due when you pull into the parking lot. For those who wish to attend the event, but not put a vehicle in the car show, admission is FREE. All proceeds from the car show will be divided between the Precision Machining Program, Automotive Program and Collision Repair Program.

PARKING
For those entering a vehicle in the Car Show, please use the rear entrance to the Career Tech Center on Whites Gap Rd, and there will be an attendant to register you and guide you to where to park.

For those just wishing to attend the event, Please park in the front lawn of the Career Tech Center, using the Church Ave SE entrance. There is ample area for parking.

FOOD
There will be concessions at the festival selling hotdogs, chips and drinks. All proceeds from concessions will be divided between the Precision Machining Program, Automotive Program and Collision Repair Program.

BID AWAY
Each program at the school will be hosting a silent auction of items made by that specific program. All proceeds go to the program in which the item was purchased.

After the Festival and Car Show
For those interested in a ride after the Festival and Show, there is an off-road park about 5 miles from the school. Last time I was there it was $20 per driver and $5 per passenger. Plenty of great trails, but could use some better trail markings and maps.

If you are in NE Alabama, NW Georgia, or just want to make the road trip, it would be great to have you down.
If you would like any additional information, or to let me know if you will be making it down, please PM me ASAP.

And just so this is clear, I spoke with Eddie prior to posting, and he is alright with me posting this. This isn't a scam, whatever you want to call it, it is strictly a tech school trying to hold a fundraiser to purchase items we need. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks in advance! and I hope to see you at the Fall Festival and Car Show!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
looks like a great event you guys are having and for a good cause! glad to see the money being put back into the school so the kids can learn the trade! best of luck with the event and i hope local WAL members can make it out and support it.

FrankenJeeper

looks like a great event you guys are having and for a good cause! glad to see the money being put back into the school so the kids can learn the trade! best of luck with the event and i hope local WAL members can make it out and support it.

Hopefully a few can make it out!

Our school population has almost doubled in the last three years, so it's getting more expensive each school year to teach the students. In my shop we went through about $1200 in steel and aluminum last year, plus a couple hundred in end mills, turning tools, carbide inserts, center drills and drills.

Last year my graduating seniors had 100% positive placement (either working in a machine shop, military or technical college in their field) and the year before was 97%. My seniors this year have already been approached by a local college regarding scholarships, as well as a local tool and die shop showing interest in hiring them after they graduate.

Any little bit that we can get will help ensure these kids have the opportunity to become self sufficient working Americans with job security.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hopefully a few can make it out!

Our school population has almost doubled in the last three years, so it's getting more expensive each school year to teach the students. In my shop we went through about $1200 in steel and aluminum last year, plus a couple hundred in end mills, turning tools, carbide inserts, center drills and drills.

Last year my graduating seniors had 100% positive placement (either working in a machine shop, military or technical college in their field) and the year before was 97%. My seniors this year have already been approached by a local college regarding scholarships, as well as a local tool and die shop showing interest in hiring them after they graduate.

Any little bit that we can get will help ensure these kids have the opportunity to become self sufficient working Americans with job security.

Wow that awesome!! sounds like you guys offer a really great program down there to have a hire rate like that! I wish you the best of luck with the event!

FrankenJeeper

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, the fall festival and car show has been cancelled. The decision to do so was above my pay grade, though I fought to keep it going.

There is talk of a possible "Spring Fling" with a car show, but nothing set in stone.

My apologies to anyone who was planning to attend.

Thank you for your understanding.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Damn well thats sad. sucks it had to be cancelled. hopefully the spring fling works out!

Top Bottom