Jeep JK Wrangler Airbag Light Going ON & OFF

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
BTW, decided to have the dealership do the work being that I needed to get my 2nd key reprogrammed anyway and I've been super busy getting ready for SEMA and.... when I went to pick it up, the service advisor tells me that I've got a new P0731 code which is a "Set - 1st gear ratio error". They said that my Jeep would only run in 2nd gear and that they didn't know what was going on - LOL!! For those of you with 2012's and up that don't know, this is caused by a re-gear and your computer not programmed for it. In other words, when they scanned Rubicat's computer, it cleared the system and this is put her into limp mode. Guess these guys don't get to work on too many JK's that have been modified :crazyeyes:

Silly question, is that problem for both trannys or just auto?

Loading please wait....

JAGS

Hooked
BTW, decided to have the dealership do the work being that I needed to get my 2nd key reprogrammed anyway and I've been super busy getting ready for SEMA and.... when I went to pick it up, the service advisor tells me that I've got a new P0731 code which is a "Set - 1st gear ratio error". They said that my Jeep would only run in 2nd gear and that they didn't know what was going on - LOL!! For those of you with 2012's and up that don't know, this is caused by a re-gear and your computer not programmed for it. In other words, when they scanned Rubicat's computer, it cleared the system and this is put her into limp mode. Guess these guys don't get to work on too many JK's that have been modified :crazyeyes:

So its bought not built. :icon_crazy::cheesy: ;)

As for the gearing, once you do the pro-cal again it should fix that right. With it being flashed, had you cleared it to stock when you dropped it off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So its bought not built. :icon_crazy::cheesy: ;)

As for the gearing, once you do the pro-cal again it should fix that right. With it being flashed, had you cleared it to stock when you dropped it off.

With an AEV ProCal, you do not need to restore your Jeep's computer back to stock. With a Hypertech and maybe even a Flashpaq, you may need to clear it BEFORE going to the dealership.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, we picked up Rubicat just before we left for SEMA and haven't had a chance to really drive it around. Of course, today I was running some errands and discovered that we now have an annoying rattle of the horn button :rolleyes2: What Really sucks is that the one of two things will cause this - 1.) a foam ring that someone forgot to reinstall or is out of place or 2.) the air bag got reinstalled upside-down :shock:

Guess we'll be making another trip to the dealership tomorrow :rolleyes2:

xx-LSD-xx

Recall?

My airbag light just came on today.

2011 JK w/ 53000 miles plenty of it on the trail.

I seem like this a common problem on JK's as I'm finding out.

Sounds like there should be a recall on this part since it fails rather quickly and its a safety related issue.

I read the airbag will not deploy if there is a fault in the system.

$300 for a part that's defective?

Has anyone contacted the manufacturer regarding this?

JDDK

Mine began the on off thing 5 months ago. I just ignore it and now it only dings every so often when i come to a stop and start. Cruise cntrl and everything else works fine. I would rather put the 300 towards a bumper or winch;)

Rayz

this??

07-12 Jeep Wrangler Air Bag Clockspring NEW MOPAR OE
by Mopar
15 customer reviews | 23 answered questions
List Price: $267.00
Price: $156.00 & FREE SHIPPING
You Save: $111.00 (42%)
Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by MOPAR_DIRECT_PARTS.

xx-LSD-xx

Thank you

this??

07-12 Jeep Wrangler Air Bag Clockspring NEW MOPAR OE
by Mopar
15 customer reviews | 23 answered questions
List Price: $267.00
Price: $156.00 & FREE SHIPPING
You Save: $111.00 (42%)
Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by MOPAR_DIRECT_PARTS.

Thanks for information.

Now I'm 42% less angry. :thumb:

I encourage everyone who is having this issue to report it so this issue gets addressed as Chrysler knows there is problem.

If nobody complains nothing will be done. It takes less than 5 mins to fill out the form.

Here is a link to NHTSA https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/confirm.xhtml

Last edited:

Clark Collins

My 2010 JKU airbag light started going on today while off-roading. I have a superchip tuner and checked the codes and got nothing in any way connected with the airbag circuit or the clock spring. I cleared the codes and will check tomorrow to see if the light is still going on and check the codes again. Will also check all the seat and seatbelt connections that I can find, just in case. Anyone else use a superchip tuner to try and track this problem down? Did it show a code related to the problem? Is there a code related to this problem? I couldn't find one on the list.

Top Bottom