New Jeeper on the way!!!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
New Jeeper on the way tomorrow! Any advice on having a baby boy? Have a two year old daughter now. I just don't know what I'm gonna do with a boy.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
First off congratulation! Ive got a boy, just over one and a half. My boy has loved to run since the day he started walking lol. Ive found that pretty much anything you can do to keep them physically active also keeps them happy.

Loading please wait....

JKWrang

Raising boys and girls are two totally different things.

The best advice I can give so far with my 1.5 year old is dont be afraid to let him get hurt, to let him get dirty and when he does get hurt and your heart breaks... dont rush and cottle him if its not serious. Youll be surprised the things boys can bounce back from without a tear if you react well.

Boys are climbers, hitters, jumpers and runners so youll have your hands full in a way totally different from your girl... but its a fine balance youll love.

Congrats on the new boy!!! Enjoy your son and daughter!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

thardy

Banned
Congrats man! It's funny what everyone is saying about the difference between boys and girls though. My almost 11 month old daughter meets every description provided about a boy. My wife just shakes her head when our daughter pulls her bows out of her hair and would rather play in the dirt than with anything else. The only time we can get her to sit still is if we have racing of any nature on the tv. Makes me smile every time. :thumb:

JKWrang

When I work on my jeep in the driveway my son comes along and picks up the last tool I used and tries to torque the last bolts I tightened haha

His favorite show is Handy Manny so he walks around with his toy hammer and screw driver trying to fix his ride - on Jeep, has it on its side fitting the phillips head into the screw hole slots like he just naturally knew.

If I can catch him doing it with a camera I'll post up pics, it's a riot.

Thardy - I wish I had a tom boy sometimes. The my little ponies hidden in shoes and on the dinner table tend to get annoying, but hey, at least she's happy lol

Sent from my SM-P905V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Congrats

Just talk to your mom about how you were as a boy and prepare for the same. My son is now 5 and does a lot of the samethings I did.

The other suggestion is to remember their age. My son dwarfs other 5 year olds. He is the size of most 7-9 year olds and I keep forgetting he is only 5. Stand by for all the boy noises at the most in opportune time. In a quiet restaurant he will make a fart noise and laugh, but hey he is a boy.

Lastly if you run into him being a strong willed child look at Dr Dobson's book "Strong Willed Child" it will help answer a lot of questions.

Enjoy the time

R/
Will

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Congrats man! It's funny what everyone is saying about the difference between boys and girls though. My almost 11 month old daughter meets every description provided about a boy. My wife just shakes her head when our daughter pulls her bows out of her hair and would rather play in the dirt than with anything else. The only time we can get her to sit still is if we have racing of any nature on the tv. Makes me smile every time. :thumb:

St. Louis Blues hockey keeps our two year old daughter quiet, she drops everything when the games on... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414080243.040227.jpg

Thanks for the peace of mind fellas. I'm not nervous or scared to have a boy, it's just the fact that I'm used to having a girl. My father-in-law gave me the enlightenment that a boy is easier because there are less crevices to clean poop out of. :cheesy:

St. Louis Blues hockey keeps our two year old daughter quiet, she drops everything when the games on... View attachment 106437

Thanks for the peace of mind fellas. I'm not nervous or scared to have a boy, it's just the fact that I'm used to having a girl. My father-in-law gave me the enlightenment that a boy is easier because there are less crevices to clean poop out of. :cheesy:

Just remember to cover the fire hose. :cheesy: You will learn the remove and cover quick routine. If not well you will find out. BTW do not waste your money on the Pee Pee Tee Pee. they are a joke.

JKWrang

Just remember to cover the fire hose. :cheesy: You will learn the remove and cover quick routine. If not well you will find out. BTW do not waste your money on the Pee Pee Tee Pee. they are a joke.

Ive gotten pretty lucky so far! only a couple incidents, and 2 of 3 of those he peed on his momma!

Now just keep your fingers crossed he thinks your Jeep is bad ass like you do and you'll be golden!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Ive gotten pretty lucky so far! only a couple incidents, and 2 of 3 of those he peed on his momma!

Now just keep your fingers crossed he thinks your Jeep is bad ass like you do and you'll be golden!

If he doesn't turn out to be a Jeep enthusiast, his sister will have to be my wheelin partner. She can pick a Jeep out in the Wal-Mart parking lot, and she's only 2!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Our beautiful baby boy arrived today at 12:51 CST. Momma and baby are doing well. I'm at home (since we're not far from the hospital), gonna get a good nights rest after getting up at 3:30 A.M. this morning. Gotta say, Wayalife kept me plenty occupied while we were playing the waiting game. Thanks for all of the support and input today on this new stage in our lives. Goes to show this is the place to be in any situation. :thumb:

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Congratulations on the new one! I've got an 8 month old boy now, first one for me. They're a whole lot of fun mixed with plenty of pain in the neck lol. He's all over the place, a climber, chews on anything her gets his hands on, but a spitting image of the old man. Got him his Halloween costume yesterday, little lion learning how to roar! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414118186.626702.jpg

JKWrang

Congrats, man!!! Happy to hear all is well in Dad-land! You must be beaming!

Top Bottom