What's a LJ?

Bacon

Love my LJ!

Most TJ and LJ parts are interchangeable, Chrysler doesn't recognize the body call out LJ though. They call it a TJ unlimited. Correct me if i am wrong here but the scrambler was the first longer wheel based Jeep.

The CJ-6 was a longer wheel base version of the CJ-5. One generation before the CJ-7 and CJ-8 Scramblers. I do believe the 6 was the first long wheelbase open top Jeep. Until someone quotes me to inform me I'm also mistaken that is.

Rccrwlr

The CJ-6 was a longer wheel base version of the CJ-5. One generation before the CJ-7 and CJ-8 Scramblers. I do believe the 6 was the first long wheelbase open top Jeep. Until someone quotes me to inform me I'm also mistaken that is.

Your probably correct but wanted you to know that you were mistaken. Don't want anything to go to your head.

MileHi

I love my JK, but still looking for a project LJ such bad ass jeeps. WAL is 100% correct they ain't cheap and good ones hard to find.

I found mine last year in the high teens with some good mods and under 50k miles. I couldn't pass it up because though I wanted a JKU for my family and three kids this left me a lot more money for more mods since a similar condition and mile JKU would have been pushing $30k. Plus I always loved the scrambler and the look of the LJ...and I'm a 4.0 fan. The extra room is great with the kids too and we all fit! I built an off road trailer with roof tent for the summer and for camping so that hauls the gear on longer excursions and the LJ has the higher towing capacity so it works well.

It's got a 4" lift and SYE on it. I have added discos, tranny cooler & gauge, Novak TC cable, engine/tranny and other armor, cromo shafts and just got 4.88's and ARB's F&R. And a ton of accessories of course too from lighting to CB. So of course 35's are next now that all that's done.

Anyway, even though they are more than a comparable TJ, if you are looking at JKU's an LJ could be a cheaper option and you could still have a lot of room for mods as well if you were looking at spending JKU money. Just for example I am still WAY below a similar miles and condition but fairly stock JKU price with all of the aforementioned mods...and that includes lockers and regear etc.

But yeah, finding a nice or lower mileage one can be a little more challenging than a TJ. They're out there though. A guy here in Denver specializes in them and sells them nationwide (and he has other models too but specifically hunts for the nice LJ's). He's at www.dreamjeep.com

Parts galore and most cheaper than JK stuff. MOST TJ stuff is direct swap except for some obvious rear body panel stuff and of course all models of the LJ's have the D44 rear...but that's no disadvantage! Find one in a Rubi and that's even better.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418424570.295071.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418424591.685890.jpg

Last edited:

Jermovi

I drive an LJ. Absolutely love it. I wanted a JK for my next Jeep, but the cost was way too much (for me). I picked up an LJ Rubicon for 1/2 the price of a JK Rubicon. Low miles and basically stock. I love that it's small and nimble and the 4.0 engine has lots of low end torque—especially with the 241 transfer case. After owning two TJ's, the added storage space is so nice. I've lifted it 3" (for now) and run 33"s (for now). It fits my family and takes us everywhere we dare to go. Many mods to come over the next few years.

IMG_2181.jpg

canucklj

Love my LJ. Ordered from factory in Oct. 2005.

DSC_2445.jpg IMG_1917_zps4781906a.jpg

Currently under the knife...........stroker 4.7, NWF blackbox and re-paint back to factory Impact orange.

Last edited:

66bmx6

Love my LJ. Had a TJ before and love the extra space and the look. Also has a bigger motor and a 6 speed that my guttless tj did not have.

Buckeye

Can't Go Wrong

I too have always been a fan of the Scrambler. Here is a pic of my '06 LJ.
FR_CW_Pic.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom