Hail Damage

anviljk

So a few weeks ago. I got some hail damage and can't decide on how to fix it. I have two choices. One just get a new hood and paint it. If I do that do I get a 10a hood or just a regular one. Or two ps louvers and just pdr the sides. Cant fix the middle to many dents to close together. I can't decide need so input.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
well you could do what hinrich did and order a new hood then get another new hood thru insurance lol he has the old hail damaged one hanging up as wall art with his old windshield and i believe he plans on putting the PS hood louver on one and keeping the other stock.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So a few weeks ago. I got some hail damage and can't decide on how to fix it. I have two choices. One just get a new hood and paint it. If I do that do I get a 10a hood or just a regular one. Or two ps louvers and just pdr the sides. Cant fix the middle to many dents to close together. I can't decide need so input.

If you NEVER plan on running a snorkel, get the 10A hood. If you do want one, get the AEV hood.

anviljk

10A hood would be sweet....oh how I wish for hail!

I wouldn't recommend sitting in your jeep in a hail storm my ears were ringing for hours

Cozdude
I had the same thought about hanging it on the wall.

But for the price of doing a 10a hood and paint. I can do the louvers and on board air. Any thoughts on that.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't recommend sitting in your jeep in a hail storm my ears were ringing for hours

Cozdude
I had the same thought about hanging it on the wall.

But for the price of doing a 10a hood and paint. I can do the louvers and on board air. Any thoughts on that.

I mean I like my 10A hood a lot, but if I had the choice I think I'd go with the option B. My :twocents:. You're welcome to come check out my 10A hood if you need to give one a look in person to make the final choice.

Rccrwlr

There is a reason for the dimples on a golf ball. Look it up. You may want to leave the new feature alone.

--rccrwlr.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
rubitrux.com I think is where I got my takeoff hood which was like 400 or so shipped I think. They do a lot of aev conversions so they sell the stock hoods which is nice cuz they are painted. What happened for me tho was I got the "new" painted hood cuz I wanted to get rid of the snorkel and keep that hood for the days I wanna be a submarine, and then the hail hit so that's why its a dented hood now. The takeoff one is sitting for the day I may trade it in, and yeah gonna louver the hood that's installed currently from the insurance body work.

anviljk

Thanks for the input. Just ordered the louvers and mirror glass for both sides. I'll keep checking for a cheap hood in anvil color. Thanks again for the help.

Top Bottom