CB antenna question

Gadget

Caught the Bug
For those that mounted it on the stock spare tire mount how did you route the cable thru the tailgate, did you just follow the wire from the brake light?

thardy

Banned
Mine is on the driver side and yes, I trimmed the grommet around the 3rd brake light cable and fished it through the tailgate.

hbkid22

I ran mine through the tailgate vent to the spare tire mount location and set up on a teraflex CB mount (which i would recommend not getting as its powder coated and cannot ground to it without sanding off the powder coat and now it rusts)....

Also, what is your guys range for the CB? I took mine up the other day and I kept loosing my buddy when we were a couple hundred feet away. Dont know if its his or mine tho....

Gadget

Caught the Bug
What is the difference between the Teraflex mount and the rugged ridge, they look the same?

foley0416

Teraflex would probably break on you, then blame you for installer error.:eek:

Too soon? Haha I think I ran the rugged ridge one on my old jeep and have the teraflex one on now. They probably both come from the same place, didn't notice a difference. Just got whichever I could find cheaper.

Top Bottom