19/60 springs vs TF 2.5

BumpStick

I have a JK Sport 2dr with 14/55 springs and 1.75 spacers with 33s (winch bumper and winch). I would like more lift to clear 35s and a stiffer spring since my front feels very soft.

I have shock extensions right now. There is the opportunity for me to get almost new take off 19/60 springs and Rubicon shocks or about 30k mile Teraflex 2.5" 2dr springs with teraflex shocks.

I'm looking for pros and con's of each as well as personal experience with either.

What I may do is just get the springs and then get some Fox Shocks.

thardy

Banned
I love my 18/59s. Made the jeep feel completely different, in a great way. I came from the 14/55 setup as well.

Sent using Wayalife mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I love my 18/59s. Made the jeep feel completely different, in a great way. I came from the 14/55 setup as well.

Sent using Wayalife mobile app

X'2 18/59's with Rubi shocks. Love 'em.

I have heard TF shocks blow and Fox would be a better upgrade.

JK LYF

I went from 13/54 to 18/60s. I bought them on CL for 100.00, including the Rubi springs (the red ones). They came off a 2014 JKU with 400 miles. I put them on and gained nearly 2 inches all the way around. I will be putting my money in King shocks in a few months. Only put the Rubi shocks on because I figured they had to be better than my originals. Anyways, with that set up along with cut fenders I just put 37s on today. I know I need bumpstops, upgraded axle and gearing to take advantage of the bigger tires. But, you can't lose by trying the 19/60s for the price. Run em and if you don't like it, keep them on until you can upgrade. Hope this helps!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414203040.357968.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414203074.247584.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I went from 13/54 to 18/60s. I bought them on CL for 100.00, including the Rubi springs (the red ones). They came off a 2014 JKU with 400 miles. I put them on and gained nearly 2 inches all the way around. I will be putting my money in King shocks in a few months. Only put the Rubi shocks on because I figured they had to be better than my originals. Anyways, with that set up along with cut fenders I just put 37s on today. I know I need bumpstops, upgraded axle and gearing to take advantage of the bigger tires. But, you can't lose by trying the 19/60s for the price. Run em and if you don't like it, keep them on until you can upgrade. Hope this helps!

View attachment 106591 View attachment 106593

Nice looking rig!:thumb:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thank you! You as well! How do those spotlights work?

Thank you. They are not LED's, but they do serve my purpose late at night on a two lane in the sticks. Helped me to see wildlife sooner to prevent any collisions. Also, cheaper as well.

JK LYF

Thank you. They are not LED's, but they do serve my purpose late at night on a two lane in the sticks. Helped me to see wildlife sooner to prevent any collisions. Also, cheaper as well.

I like em! I definitely need some extra lighting.

BumpStick

I went from 13/54 to 18/60s. I bought them on CL for 100.00, including the Rubi springs (the red ones). They came off a 2014 JKU with 400 miles. I put them on and gained nearly 2 inches all the way around. I will be putting my money in King shocks in a few months.t/QUOTE]

That looks like mine, not quite. Mine is the same color. I'm only going to go to 35s but I'm on 33 Iroks and will be hearing and locking soon. I'm planning on Fox shocks after the gears and lockers.

dannymalkin

18/59 Springs ($75 take off) with 3/4" coil spacers, trimmed fenders, factory size tires, disconnects, adj trackbar, aftermarket shocks for lift

1414254896097.jpg

1414255122056.jpg

JK LYF

I went from 13/54 to 18/60s. I bought them on CL for 100.00, including the Rubi springs (the red ones). They came off a 2014 JKU with 400 miles. I put them on and gained nearly 2 inches all the way around. I will be putting my money in King shocks in a few months.t/QUOTE]

That looks like mine, not quite. Mine is the same color. I'm only going to go to 35s but I'm on 33 Iroks and will be hearing and locking soon. I'm planning on Fox shocks after the gears and lockers.

I was told that shocks are what makes the difference. For the most part, springs are springs, but a great set of shocks are the ticket to a great ride. Can't go wrong with Fox! Those shocks will only enhance the coils!

JLSilerJK

View attachment 106591 View attachment 106593

Nice! what legnth spacers did you go with?

dannymalkin

Nice rig! Question. I need coil spacers and was wondering how they felt. Do you notice anything as far as ride goes when off road? Any issues?

Thanks! The spacers are Daystar 3/4" on all four corners. I think they are just right, not too big but still a cost effective boost in height. Ride is still great! All together put me around 2.25 inches of lift, will vary on different jeeps.

JK LYF

Nice! what legnth spacers did you go with?

Thank you! As of right now, I do not have coil spacers. I have #18 springs in front and #60 in rear. I would like to add maybe 1inch spacer in rear and 1.5 in front. As far as wheel spacers, I put 1.5 inch wheel spacers all the way around.

JK LYF

Thanks! The spacers are Daystar 3/4" on all four corners. I think they are just right, not too big but still a cost effective boost in height. Ride is still great! All together put me around 2.25 inches of lift, will vary on different jeeps.

That's awesome. It really is a cost effective boost. It looks like you have plenty of room if you decide to go with bigger shoes! I think I'm going to get the Daystar spacers as well. 2.25 sounds about right. I think I netted about 1 3/4 inch on all 4s with the 18/60 coils. With spacers, I should be right there.

Top Bottom