Full Cage Options

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So you saw a vehicle intentionally ram the B pillar of a Jeep?!? Pretty sure you need new friends, not a new cage.

Grappler

So you saw a vehicle intentionally ram the B pillar of a Jeep?!? Pretty sure you need new friends, not a new cage.

Sadly, no pictures.

The main impact was at the pillar toward the rear of the front door and the front of the rear door, with the impact hitting both the pillar between the doors and some secondary impact at the level of the cage itself, causing it to "V" the rear portion of the section of cage completely.

LOL, it was not a friend by any means that did it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Well yeah, doesn't everyone build up their jeep to withstand a purposeful hit by your friends rig? Duh!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Here is my unproven and unscientific thought on the issue. I've seen plenty of passenger cars FUBAR stop signs. Generally, stop signs are attached to heavier duty pipe than the tubing used for roll cages. Therefore, your Jeep will still get FUBAR'd by a passenger car treating the B pillar like a stop sign...even if you have a weld in cage.

No animals were harmed in this test.

Last edited:

KrawlerJK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423024812.787039.jpg

This pic looks like the sport cage saved it somewhat but looks like a single use product.

Am I wrong or can you roll with a sport cage and not totally jack it up?

I was kicking around the idea of a Genright.

Top Bottom