Coil swapping

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I have a 2014 4door with a 3in. BDS lift and shocks, no drop down brackets I just replaced both track bars, could I just swap the coils for 3 in. plush rides without having to do anything else and would the BDS coils fit my 99 TJ or would i have to change the coil mounts? The TJ has an older 3in Teraflex lift on it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do you have adjustable control arms? You'll need those but other then that it'll swap.

I believe one of the sets of coils fit the TJ. I don't remember if it's the front or the rears though.

You should have no problem swapping them out. I had a Pro-Comp lift on my JKU before getting the Plush Rides. Easy swap. You will love the new ride.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I don't have adjustable arms, they are on the list. I am in the process of transferring some of my jeep knowledge from TJ's to JK's so i will probably be asking alot of questions, and i will need the adj arms to change the coils?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't have adjustable arms, they are on the list. I am in the process of transferring some of my jeep knowledge from TJ's to JK's so i will probably be asking alot of questions, and i will need the adj arms to change the coils?

You should have adjustable arms with your current lift to adjust your castor.

just replaced my procomps with plush rides. easy-peezy.
i do need to put in longer brake lines now..

Sparky, when I swapped out my brake lines I went with the 4-6 inch lift ones from Crown Perfromance (Forum Sponsor) so I would not have to change them when I go to coilovers.

Something to think about. The price is the same for 0-3 and 4-6.

R/
Will

jedg

Sparky, when I swapped out my brake lines I went with the 4-6 inch lift ones from Crown Perfromance (Forum Sponsor) so I would not have to change them when I go to coilovers.

Something to think about. The price is the same for 0-3 and 4-6.

R/
Will

Eyup, I'll second Crown Performance and using the 4-6 inch lift brake lines. They won't be too long to get in the way and give you the option for a future upgrade. Great quality too.

sparkymoffett

Eyup, I'll second Crown Performance and using the 4-6 inch lift brake lines. They won't be too long to get in the way and give you the option for a future upgrade. Great quality too.

That's EXACTLY what i was thinking of doing! Thanks for confirming that for me! Installing adj lca's tomorrow and synergy flip kit as well.. gotta add one more thing to the list now!:beer:

Top Bottom