Tire inflater gauge

Might be a silly question - but I'm looking for a tire gauge that gives me the read out while inflating and is in 1 pound increments, seems like most gauges go to something like 120 psi and all I need is < 30ish I would like to see 26 PSI not somewhere between 25 and 50 PSI on the bottom 3rd of the dial:doh:

What are you using?

Thanks for looking :beer:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
just wanted to let you know, you can't get an accurate reading while the compressor is filling, you have to release the trigger, than check the gauge,

I think he meant without having to use something different. Like a filling tool and then switch to a handheld gauge.

just wanted to let you know, you can't get an accurate reading while the compressor is filling, you have to release the trigger, than check the gauge,

Thanks, got that part. Right now it is just a PIA with my shitty built compressor, I have to screw on the hose wait a minute or so then un screw it then check pressure and I hope I didn't go to far over if under repeat process then check again. you can see where I am going with this. I would just like to plug in and check progress as I go. (btw the compressor works fine just the hose and gauge are a POS)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks, got that part. Right now it is just a PIA with my shitty built compressor, I have to screw on the hose wait a minute or so then un screw it then check pressure and I hope I didn't go to far over if under repeat process then check again. you can see where I am going with this. I would just like to plug in and check progress as I go. (btw the compressor works fine just the hose and gauge are a POS)

I timed my fill rate from 12 PSI to 28 the first few times I did it. After that I knew the time and it was basically spot on.

pvanweelden

Gotcha, then yes, the handheld Overlander pointed out would work great for you, i have a similar one in my garage.

and timing works great after you get used to your air system

my shittybilt compressor has a dial gauge inline. and it's the smaller compressor. super easy to read

Yup mine too but it doesn't read tire pressure very well if at all. and the gauge goes from 25 - 50 with 5 pound tics. so when i get it between 25 - 30 I would assume I would be close but with another gauge it is from 15 - 35 so just a little sloppy. Just looking for a little better tool.

It only has 1 moving part so I assume I am using it correctly LOL!

How accurate is yours?

sparkymoffett

First one didn't work at ALL! Took it back to the shop (4 wheel parts because it's around the corner from my house) and they replaced the whole bag. The second works pretty darn well.
I've compared the reading to one of those old school pen style readers..the ones where the white stick comes out of the bottom and they are very very close

First one didn't work at ALL! Took it back to the shop (4 wheel parts because it's around the corner from my house) and they replaced the whole bag. The second works pretty darn well.
I've compared the reading to one of those old school pen style readers..the ones where the white stick comes out of the bottom and they are very very close

Mine is probably shot - The button on the bottom seems to be suspect

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have the ARB one which is identical to the vlair one. i like it and works well. its a scale one that goes in 2 lb increments. just another option for you.

Top Bottom