37s?

Flat Top

Running stock 4.10 gears and Nitto 37's on ATX slabs I average about 12.5mpg in town with only moderately aggressive take offs. I max out around 15MPG on the highway when driving 65mph with cruise cont set and no head wind.

I could regain pep, and I'm assuming be around 16.5ish MPG highway and about 14mpg city, if I would re-gear to my desired 5.13 gears.

Same setup here (3.6/auto) with very similar results. Just upgraded from 35s and only saw about a 1 MPG drop.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I honestly cant remember at all. If I recall it was somewhere around 35.75". BUT I will say that it really depends on the PSI your running, The Jeeps weight, rim width, and obviously tread depth. All of those things will change the exact same tire's size by as much as 0.25" in either direction.

I'm off maybe 2-3mph compared to my nav. I think I may have put in 35.5 might have to re measure.

Brendon

Just wondering if anyone runs 37s on a daily driver? Heard they eat up mpg, etc but do they last long still with off road, wearing on steering parts, etc. ?

Mpg averages out at 12.5, with 5:13 gears. Nitto trail grappler m/t's are wearing really well, better than expected, I wouldn't say I'm having any excessive wear issues on any parts whatsoever. My commute can be between 20 to 30 miles a day, and have never regretted choosing 37's.

Hohertz

Just wondering if anyone runs 37s on a daily driver? Heard they eat up mpg, etc but do they last long still with off road, wearing on steering parts, etc. ?

37s, daily driver with 5.13 gears. Not a big change from my previous 35s, but I also had 4.10s with my 35s so the re-gear to 5.13 has really helped. I got about 58k on my last set of tires with very regular tire rotations and hope to get 50-55k on these. I avg about 13.5 in city and maybe 15 on highway, but I'm usually doing 75-80 so it's tough to say what my highway mpg really is. I'd do it all over again assuming you upgrade your gears. Also have an adjustable trackbar and dual steering stabilizer. (replaced ball joints about 30k miles ago)

Top Bottom