Front lockers?

LVJeepney

Do I need them? I'm pricing out the PR44 and can save $850.00 without the front lockers. I have ARB rear lockers, will this do say for trails in Moab? I've done Rubicon Trail this past June and didn't use my rear lockers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

West coast

Do you need them ? Yes.
It will be the best $850.00 you spend.
Like a winch, when you need it you will be glad to have it

LVJeepney

I was just wondering cause when I ran the rubicon trail, I didn't use my rear lockers and I was thinking I could just get away with just rear lockers vs having both.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Did you take the bypasses on the rubicon, because there are sections you really need both lockers... :confused:

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

LVJeepney

I took one bypass, little sluice, since it was my first time but did Cadillac Hill 3 times on my second day, due to my buddy breaking his axle so I had to climb out of Cadillac hill drive to Tahoe city to get parts, drive back down Cadillac hill, fix his truck and drive back out to south Tahoe. Was my first time on the trail so I just followed along. I guess I'll just wait 2-3 months and get the locker to be on the safe side.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I would definitely save for the locker before buying. Then you won't have to install it later also. :thumbup:

StrizzyChris

I agree with above. I'd never invest in an aftermarket axle and not get a locker in it. While I run open in the front 99% of the time, it's the times that you need it that make all the difference. I always have more of a fun day tackling the trails without a pull, and never has as much fun when I was getting a tug all day(with a bunch of dudes on the trail :brows: ).

LVJeepney

Thanks for the advise, I will wait till jan-feb to make purchase on PR44 with the ARB locker

bkac

Caught the Bug
I think you'll be much happier in the long run! :)

Top Bottom